• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ipad or Note...that is the question

Very true a 16GB is cheaper in the long run when Micro SD card memory is added.....
However you have to take into consideration if you do choose the cheaper 16GB over a 32GB you may have issues later with storage.

16GB may sound a lot but after the OS is taken you are left with just over 12GB on a vanilla Note 10.1
Once you start adding Apps and their associated data you very soon start to realize the 32GB may have been a better choice.
As an example you start off with 12GB storage remaining and install one App that consumes a mere 50MB, nothing to worry about here. However, as soon as you then load the newly installed 50MB App it then needs to download an additional 1GB of data before you can use that App. You now have less than 11GB.
Do this several times on similar sized Apps and data and you then wish you had gone for the larger 32GB model.

Basically it's all about choice... I am not a games player as such but I do have quite a few programs that have gigantic data requirements. A 16GB model for me would be out of the question.

...and if anyone is thinking uninstall an App and make room for something else; well if you do that you have to bear in mind you clear away all your saved data so coming back to the App at a later date would not only mean re-downloading the large data files again but worse you would have to start from scratch.

Other option, root and move your Apps to SD.

If you do a search in the XDA forums, there's a trick to use your SDcard for your apps instead of the internal storage.

Upvote 0
That's what I was wondering...could apps be loaded to and play from the SD card and would that make them slower. You need to root it first. Thanks. ANYone have ANY clue as to when Samsung will be releasing the next tab and what about the screen resolution? Is there a month they normally release these things? Or twice a year maybe?

Apps cannot be moved to SD, but when rooted data can.

I would expect Samsung to announce a new version fo the Note within the first half of this year and release it around July.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones