• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issues reported on the Note 2

Found some info from the guys at xda. Looks like the processor takes about 800ms to wake from a deep sleep. They said if it does not lag, it was not in a deep sleep ie. It was plugged in or you had an app running keeping the phkne ffrom deep sleeping.

Apparently just how the processor works. And it does not look like there will be a fix for it. Like I said, I can live with it as long as it is all of the phones, not just mine.

Upvote 0
For anyone having the lag delay, did you disable S-Voice from using the center button yet?
Once you do that you'll notice a very slight increase.

The center button is set to double tap and launch S-Voice.
The delay when you tap the center button ONE time is due to it waiting for the SECOND tap.
Disable S-Voice from using that button.

Moving to Issues reported on the Note 2....subject is the screen lag.

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0
For anyone having the lag delay, did you disable S-Voice from using the center button yet?
Once you do that you'll notice a very slight increase.

The center button is set to double tap and launch S-Voice.
The delay when you tap the center button ONE time is due to it waiting for the SECOND tap.
Disable S-Voice from using that button.

Moving to Issues reported on the Note 2....subject is the screen lag.

While I didn't mind having the double-tap function for S-Voice activation, I really do prefer a faster response on the Home Button. I also prefer using Google Now over S-Voice, so I've just created that shortcut on my NOVA scrolling dock on all of the 5 docks I have set up. Works perfectly for my needs.

Thanks again for posting this info!

Upvote 0
I think I remember you mentioning the shortcut before DrEx.....can you provide a walkthru how to create the shortcut?

No problemo...but I can only comment on how to do it for NOVA launcher:

1st, to set up the amount of Dock Pages
MENU>Nova Settings>Dock>Select 1-5

2nd, to set up having Google Now search button on every dock page
Long Press on open Homescreen area>Nova Actions>Voice Search

Simple as that...Now, just for giggles, I used Homesmack to check out TouchWiz (to see how to do it on there) and it is possible:

Long Press on Homescreen>Apps and Widgets>Long Press and hold Google>Drag down to dock

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like you can replace icons on TouchWiz.

Reactions: ScandaLeX
Upvote 0
I don't know if I can really call this an issue, but it's something that I've noticed and a little annoying on my Sprint Note 2.

This would only apply for those of you that power down and swap batteries (rather than charging the phone via microUSB).

I noticed that every time I go through my routine of swapping batteries, certain Calendar settings don't seem to stick.

1) Notification chosen for Samsung Calendar (aka S Planner) reverts back to the default sound
2) Notification pop-up that wakes up the phone (for events sync'd) from Samsung Calendar gets enabled, when I typically have that disabled.
3) Notifications for Google Calendar gets enabled, when I typically have it disabled.

I don't mind going in and changing these back every time I change batteries, but obviously I'd prefer not having to do that.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones