• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Issues rooting my Galaxy Ace 2

enderdrake

Lurker
Mar 3, 2013
UK
Hi I am Dan
I've been having problems with my new Samsung Galaxy ace 2 GT-I8160 version 2.3.6.
I was messing about with a app called Game guardian which lead me to the idea of rooting my phone the app doesn't work until its rooted, so I desided to give it ago watch some guy do it on youtube and I copied everything he did (Downloaded the files installed odin installed kies and made sure all drivers was working for the phone click start on Odin it went ok until it reset stopped at bootup >"Samsung Galaxy ace 2 I8160"< see some comments by others who having the same problem one saying to put the phone into recovery mode, I tried everything to get recovery mode up but dosen't show up I can only get into download mode "downloading do not turn off target".
I manage to install Jellybean 4.1.2 that worked perfect but I don't like it it isn't rooted I have tried 6 times using different sites to root my phone none of them work i always get stuck at bootup.
I just want to take my phone back to normal any help would be great I've been spending my whole weekend trying to fix this.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones