• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Issues with Wifi on CM9, Nightly Build

sheslykeomg

Lurker
Apr 18, 2010
I just updated my ROM to a nightly build of CM9 (can include version number if it's needed), and Wifi was working alright at my friend's house. Now it's not connecting to the network at my own house, and every time I try to turn it on via the Setting, it says 'Turning Wifi On...' but it doesn't actually try to turn on. The symbol that changes from grey to blue and from 'Off' to 'On' doesn't even change to 'On.' The phone doesn't want to connect to my work network either. It doesn't seem to want to pick up ANY Wifi anywhere now. Is this a radio problem? Should I change my ROM AGAIN? Please help. :(

A few things you can try:

1: Reboot the phone. Try rebooting the phone with WiFi turned off, then turning it back on. Also try the opposite.

2: Using recovery mode, "Wipe the cache partition."

3: If that doesn't work, try using recovery to "wipe data/factory reset."

4: If that doesn't work, wipe again (both data and cache), and reflash CM9.

5: If none of that works, try a different ROM.

You can also try flashing the latest radio for your device. Just make sure it's the right radio for your model.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones