• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just Called Sprint Tele Sales And A Recording Came On About The Evo No Longer Being Sold..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you make an excellent point here, and everyone making fun of you owes you big apology.

However - I do have one question.

Now, I think we can all agree that there's a certain truth in opposites. Female validates male, there is no day without night, happiness is only known through sadness, and oh, so many more examples.

So - here's my confusion:

If being sold out and under heavy demand is A Plane Crash, then surely being overstocked to the rafters with no one wanting what you have to sell is, by its very definition according to you - A Moon Launch.

Now, the truth of that is perfectly obvious to me, but for the benefit of these other doubters, please explain that to them.

And please don't get upset with me for asking - after all, we're not so different.

In fact, you could even describe us as two sides of the same coin.

Its like McDonalds saying our french fries are so much in demand you will only be able to buy them on Tuesdays and Fridays and only at special "french fry stores". Well what if I want french fries today? Ahhh Wendy's right across the street! Do you think that would ever happen? NEVER because McDonald's knows better. If people are made to wait they will eventually get disgusted and go elsewhere thats why I call EVO a failure.

Upvote 0
Its like McDonalds saying our french fries are so much in demand you will only be able to buy them on Tuesdays and Fridays and only at special "french fry stores". Well what if I want french fries today? Ahhh Wendys right across the street! Do you think that would ever happen? NEVER because McDonalds knows better.

What if I prefer Bojangles fries?

Upvote 0
So I come back from vacation and this is the first thread I see. Ok flying back to Jamaica. ( I wish!)

Take me with you...pleeease.
I know there are so many things that I could be doing that might be considered more productive, but frankly reading this forum is just like....well....a plane crash, and I just can't look away!

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Its like McDonalds saying our french fries are so much in demand you will only be able to buy them on Tuesdays and Fridays and only at special "french fry stores". Well what if I want french fries today? Ahhh Wendys right across the street! Do you think that would ever happen? NEVER because McDonalds knows better.

I wish that would happen. America could likely shed a few thousand pounds off it's collective ass in one day of no Mcdonald's fries.

I do totally dig the french fry analogy. I'm amazed I never made that mental connection, seeing as how the marketing and business model must be quite similar.

Upvote 0
I wish that would happen. America could likely shed a few thousand pounds off it's collective ass in one day of no Mcdonald's fries.

I do totally dig the french fry analogy. I'm amazed I never made that mental connection, seeing as how the marketing and business model must be quite similar.

:D

I am done... I cannot hang with you guys tonight. LOL!

Upvote 0

The term marketing means the same thing no matter what is being sold.

Upvote 0
Its like McDonalds saying our french fries are so much in demand you will only be able to buy them on Tuesdays and Fridays and only at special "french fry stores". Well what if I want french fries today? Ahhh Wendy's right across the street! Do you think that would ever happen? NEVER because McDonald's knows better. If people are made to wait they will eventually get disgusted and go elsewhere thats why I call EVO a failure.

You're equating potatoes to technological parts? You seem to post a lot of nonsense. At least make your analogy somewhat coherent. You should've related what you said to the Irish Potato Famine.. at least that would've the post somewhat reasonable.. The original post however...there's no fixing that.

Upvote 0
You're equating potatoes to technological parts? You seem to post a lot of nonsense. At least make your analogy somewhat coherent. You should've related what you said to the Irish Potato Famine.. at least that would've the post somewhat reasonable.. The original post however...there's no fixing that.

Ahem Dear Sir, Are you implying that McDonald's is an Irish Establishment? It is bad enough we had to take the Blame for Bennigan's!!

Upvote 0

This is utter nonsense. I understand what you were going for here but you picked an industry that could not be any further from the tech industry. Food sales and PERISHABLES such as french fries have their own unique inventory pars and turns per order period which is Industry standard Twice a Week. Not to mention they can be frozen and have years of numbers to decide current stock levels on i.e. last year this week we sold X orders of fries. Having an over abundance of a perishable is fixable within the week by simply paring down the Friday order.
Now on the flipside we have the tech industry with a Brand New Product with zero history and zero Sales figures other than best guestimate based on the confidence in product, pre-sales interest etc. Now Inventory is significantly different because not only are you dealing with a higher dollar value item but you have zero idea if a 300,000 unit order is too much, too little, or perfect. You also have to add in the demand of making that many devices to the cost. Finally the cost of these units just sitting on shelves collecting dust and it starts to get very scary. There is significantly more to this but I think you can gather the nuts and bolts of it. FYI I am involved in both the Food Industry and the Tech industry.

Upvote 0

Srsly?

A cellphone shortage analogy to an event that changed peoples and nations and cost many lives ~ totally agree - that would've much more reasonable.

Upvote 0

What?!?!?! McDonalds is only selling French Fries on Tuesdays and Fridays?!?!? Off to the McDonalds forum I go to post about this insane McDonalds policy! Thanks Bettermost! I smell boycott!!! Everyone with me?

..Now back in reality land where the most popular devices that are just released are quite often...You guessed it..In short supply. Thank you for an insight into the obvious. I am guessing that is why (when they were launched) things like the XBox360/PS3/GTX480/Iphone/Incredible....Etc all became immediate failures because they sure weren't short on supply during their initial release.

Someone that has the power to modify this site really needs to work on a "no-thanks" button

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones