• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root KaosFroyo v32 is out

I had a hunch. I think I may have changed my partition before I flashed xtrSENSE so I'll be sure to back it up. Out of curiousity, If I were to flash V32 WITH the partition not at 0 what would happen, if anything?

It will not be able to mount the SD card after you boot the phone. So, Amon's recovery will be able to read the SD card to allow it to flash, but Froyo will not mount the SD card, and you will not have access to its external storage.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So I think I've solved my Launcherpro problems. I just stopped loading my stored settings and started with a fresh install downloaded from the market as well as a clean install of V32. It's been a couple of days and I'm still lag free. I'm only using three homescreens this time, so that might have something to do with it.

Also, I never installed setCPU this time. I'm using the default overclock settings for the ROM and everything is pretty happy.

I had been using the same LP settings that were used when I was using xtrROM and I kept re-loading that backup file as I swapped from ROM to ROM. I'm sure that was part of my problem. I'll take it easy with the tweaking this time.

Upvote 0
For those that see a real change in speed, are you keeping the ADW or are they removing it for the other launcher?

I was using LP before I started using Kaos Froyo, so I switched without even trying ADW myself.

So I think I've solved my Launcherpro problems. I just stopped loading my stored settings and started with a fresh install downloaded from the market as well as a clean install of V32. It's been a couple of days and I'm still lag free. I'm only using three homescreens this time, so that might have something to do with it.

Also, I never installed setCPU this time. I'm using the default overclock settings for the ROM and everything is pretty happy.

I wonder if you were just overclocking too high?

Ditching ADW. Its pretty much a must. I really wonder why kaos insists on keeping it in his rom as it slows things down quite a bit.

If I am not mistaken, ADW is the default launcher of Cyanogen Mod 6, which Kaos has based his ROM on. It may be simply that.

Upvote 0
Are you able to turn off haptic feedback on the phone dialpad?

Also, how do I change the multiple screens from 5 screens to 3?

I'm not sure if you can set the haptic feedback for the dialpad separately from the other softkeys.

To change from 5 to 3 screens: Menu-Preferences-Homescreen Settings-Number of Screens. You can also change your default screen there as well.

Upvote 0
I am still having Bluetooth issues. Any suggestions? The blue tooth is part of the car. It connects ok but everything is garbled. The person on the other end can not hear me either.

I was using BT in my car yesterday, my wife didn't have any problems understanding me. However the car saw my phone as an unknown device (I had just flashed from 2.1 to 2.2 that day) and I had to re-pair, it downloaded my phonebook, etc. I'd suggest having both your car and your phone 'forget' those pairings and re-pair them to see if that corrects the problem.

Reactions: ggangi
Upvote 0
I am still having Bluetooth issues. Any suggestions? The blue tooth is part of the car. It connects ok but everything is garbled. The person on the other end can not hear me either.

Somewhere I read about somebody else who was having problems with BT in V31 and V32, but it worked fine in V30. I rarely use BT myself, but you may want to try to reflash V30 and see if it works better, then watch the Kaos Froyo development to see if he mentions BT fixes with future updates.

Of course, that would be Nandroid restore a V30 Nandroid backup if you have it, or wipe dalvik and wipe data, and flash V30.

Reactions: ggangi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones