• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kies: "Uncompress fail"

as3ad

Lurker
Dec 4, 2010
Hey guys,

I really need some help here.

Yesterday I bought the Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000. Great phone but I've been having some trouble upgrading to Android 2.2.

I've installed Kies and when plug in my phone via USB it tells me that there's an upgrade available so I click on it. It tells me that it's downloading the binary files, but when it begins to decompress I get a "Uncompress fail" everytime. I've been trying for a whole day to do something but nothing has worked. I've even tried downloading New PC Studio but on that program it doesn't even tell there's an upgrade available.

So I need help with a solution if there is one. I have Windows Vista by the way, if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Same problem (as it is) i have also faced during up gradation. And till date i have not yet done my up gradation. I am from india. you can check all my posts for getting solution but i also still not get it. this is my request to you please forward me the solution when you recd. from anywhere. thanks in advance.

Indrajeet

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones