• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KingsROM][ACS] KingsROM UNleashed R5 [4/28/11] "Out of this World"

does this rom support 4g? and forgive me for the noob question but were is the file to download? Is there a link to a video showing how to install?

Download link is in the first post. I dunno about a video but I just gave someone a step by step a few threads down titled "kings unleashed r5 question" or you can read rooting for dummies after rooting section.

Upvote 0
Is it not possible to set a custom sound for received text messages with R5? The only options I see are a few default tones, but there is no way to get to Zedge, or a specific folder per say.

Have you looked at the notification settings in the app itself? If so, you might need to move the sounds to the folder where the rest of the tones are located.

Upvote 0
Have you looked at the notification settings in the app itself? If so, you might need to move the sounds to the folder where the rest of the tones are located.
I am looking in the settings of the text app itself, and at your request I moved a custom mp3 along with the default one's but it doesn't appear in the app settings. This is definitely a downer to an otherwise great ROM.

Upvote 0
Reactions: lite blue
Upvote 0
This is really odd. I flashed this ROM again last night and then flashed the Ice Remix theme and all went well. Tonight, I noticed my weather showed a completely different town (about 45 minutes away). I recall previous threads about GPS problems with certain AOSP ROMs but I haven't heard of problems with Sense based ROMs. What gives here?!?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones