1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[KingsROM][ACS] KingsROM UNleashed R5 [4/28/11] "Out of this World"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by An UrgeTo Dance, Feb 14, 2011.

1. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

:UPDATE: 4/28/2011
    All credit for this ROM goes to King and The Android Creative Syndicate. I take no credit whatsoever.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Official Kings Crew Wallpaper

DOWNLOAD

[​IMG]

Once again I take no credit for this ROM, all credit goes to King and the Android Creative Syndicate from xda.

Newest Version of ROM on XDA

Once again all credit for this ROM goes to King and the Android Creative Syndicate.

Advertisement

2. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert

3. An UrgeTo Dance

I like it better than Koni's mostly because of the themeing, I installed Koni's for a couple of hours then went back to Mik's because I didn't like the theme. So far I like this better than Koni's because it has the vanilla lockscreen, hulu, and I like the theme better.

4. An UrgeTo Dance

All credit for this ROM goes to Kings and The Android Creative Syndicate, I take no credit

[​IMG]

Once again all credit for this ROM goes to Kings and The Android Creative Syndicate, I take no credit

5. frenchy714

Looks pretty sweet.

6. frenchy714

Kings Ultra is 174 mb, which would make Koni's ROM a lot smaller in size......I wonder how he slimmed it down so much?

7. An UrgeTo Dance

hmm thats weird I wonder why it says it is 136mb I guess I didn't look at the download size, because in the thread it says 136mb. It is still really fast though.

8. Munnarg

Munnarg Well-Known Member

I've been using it as a daily driver for about 2 weeks now I think. I came from Myn's and so far I haven't looked back at all.

9. QuickDraw

QuickDraw Android Enthusiast

I tried his ROM and I couldn't get my "Purchased" programs widgets to work. I followed the same procedure as you would usually use by pressing and holding down the finger in an area on the home screen, chose widget, found the widget I wanted, and all it does is just go back to the Home screen without putting the widget on the screen. Is there any type of restrictions that anyone knows of as to the size of the widgets can be? The ones I'm trying to use are as wide as the screen itself, so I was wondering if that may be the problem. :thinking:

10. An UrgeTo Dance

What do you mean by purchased programs widget, have you tried other full screen widgets such as the stock calendar or facebook?

11. An UrgeTo Dance

Beta testing for King's new ROM built on the Shift's data is now up, visit his thread on xda for more info.

12. QuickDraw

QuickDraw Android Enthusiast

I just simply mean that a program that I've purchased, which has widgets, a couple of which are Wide, will not work on this ROM. The very same widgets work on every other ROM I've ever flashed, but not this one. Oh, and they're not "full screen", just as wide as the screen, and maybe not even a 1/4 of the length. A rectangle of sorts.

One in specific is Weather Bug Elite.

EDIT: Ok, scratch this. I reflashed the ROM and the Widget is now working. Not sure what happened.

13. Knewz

Knewz Android Expert

flashing.....

14. Knewz

Knewz Android Expert

I see why the file size is so big...there are like hidden flash files!
    Couldn't get hulu to work even after flashing zip

Thoroughly enjoyed the speed. liked the badluck theme. For some reason the sync icon (spinning curved arrows) won't go away, even after during off mobile network, background data, and manual closing processes and apps

Still testing....

15. An UrgeTo Dance

KING has released a My Touch port if anyone is interested, it is still in beta however.

16. Knewz

Knewz Android Expert

I like this rom... performance is awesome. just can't get hulu to work

17. An UrgeTo Dance

Try flashing the hulu zip again, it may not have taken the first time.

Also I found out why the ROM if so much bigger than it says in the thread, the actual ROM is small but there are a couple of folders (I think 3) that have suggested kernels, removed apps, and suggested zips.

18. Knewz

Knewz Android Expert

tried the hulu zip twice more, with new kernels, no luck yet...will keep trying

19. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert

So Kings is built off of MikFroyo? I'm running MikFroyo 2.5 right now...which build of MikFroyo is this made from? I think it looks freaking awesome, just not sure about performance. I assume 4G works?

20. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Yep works like a charm. Any sense based rom will have 4g working. This rom is really growing on me. I have tried many roms and have always gone back to mik's but like I said this one is growing on me.fast and smooth and I like its themes. Give it a try and let us know what you think.

21. MizzouBrent

Do I have to flash them or are some of them preinstalled?

22. MizzouBrent

Wow I really like it, I guess the only thing I don't like right away is the font...I guess I'm just not used to it. Is there a place that shows screens of the different themes? I'd rather look at each theme first rather than just pick a random one and have to re-flash if I don't like it.

23. MizzouBrent

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. They're right on the main page for the rom...guess they just weren't loading when I initially looked at the page.

24. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

if you don't like the font, there is a bunch of different fonts you can choose from.
    here is the link:300 Flashable Font Packs - Change your system fonts the easy way! - xda-developers

25. MizzouBrent

Wow awesome, so I guess I just flash the zip while in recovery, wiping cache and dalvik first? What is the normal font that Sense uses? It's weird, because I like the Kings font when it's larger, like in the menus, but I don't much care for it on webpages etc.