• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Posed the question to Samsung. Thought you all may be interested in their reply below. This for the Note 10.1 N8020.

"Your question
When Is Samsung rolling out its upgrade to kitKat for the above product in Australia.

Counselor answer
Dear John,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Electronics Australia.

This is regarding your concern about the software update of your Samsung Galaxy Note LTE 10.1 GT-N8020. For your convenience, I have stated below all the information about software updates and details of its release for your device.

There are several factors which our software engineers and in-house developers need to take into consideration for upgrading a software of a particular Samsung device and these factors are the central processing unit (CPU), graphics processing unit (GPU), radio frequency module, Wi-Fi module, Bluetooth module, screen size, screen resolution, RAM (Random Access Memory) capacity and more. Our in-house developers are evaluating if the device is still capable of software update from Google. If they have found out that there will be no problem after the update to the latest Android version, they will then roll out the update via over-the-air process and you will receive a notification on your tablet.

As of the moment, our resources state that there are no updates available for your device yet. Though there are no information on when it will be available, we do not want you to think that we are delaying the software update roll out for your device. Hardware limitations could also be a reason why the update is not being distributed yet.

We would like to advise you that this is a non-reply email. If you would like to send us a reply regarding this concern, do not hesitate to message us at:

http://www.samsung.com/au/support/erms "

Upvote 0
I installed other region firmware (kitkat) to my n8000 and it is way better than it was with jellybean. I waited 6months that samsung makes a fw for our region, but no.. (Kitkat was released 7months ago in germany, and there are no fw to my region.) Basically samsung doesnt bother to release upgrades althought there are no technical reason for that. Not going to buy any device from samsung.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones