• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Marquee overheat

Think you are right I remembering Before press update Prl. I was messing. With roaming menu. Iam going to try that ^^^^^^^^^^^^

If that doesn't work you can just change it manually. I swear man, it's not hard at all. It takes 5 minutes once you know how to do it. :D

Also, I always leave my roaming on. No reason really, just do it for the hell of it.:p

Upvote 0
If that doesn't work you can just change it manually. I swear man, it's not hard at all. It takes 5 minutes once you know how to do it. :D

Also, I always leave my roaming on. No reason really, just do it for the hell of it.:p

If boost mobile doesn't let you roam, there's no reason to leave it on because it may cause your radio to use more power attempting to hunt for a roaming tower. I have sprint and I can roam but I disabled mine because where I work, the reception is bad and my phone draws a lot of current trying to search for a roaming tower. When i turned it off, my battery life improved. I may be wrong with the above assumption but I do get better battery life with roaming disabled

Upvote 0
If boost mobile doesn't let you roam, there's no reason to leave it on because it may cause your radio to use more power attempting to hunt for a roaming tower. I have sprint and I can roam but I disabled mine because where I work, the reception is bad and my phone draws a lot of current trying to search for a roaming tower. When i turned it off, my battery life improved. I may be wrong with the above assumption but I do get better battery life with roaming disabled

That makes sense. The reason I've never really bothered is that I rarely lose signal. If I do it's only for a short period while driving through a dead zone. Most of the time I have atleast 2-3 bars if not more.

I may just disable it for the heck of it and see what happens. I sure wouldn't bitch about getting some extra battery time. :D

EDIT: I went ahead and turned it off just to see what happens.

Upvote 0
Aww man!!!

Yep, read about that several places on-line. I ride with mine mounted on a windshield mount in the car and it comes down right in front of one of the A/C vents but I don't think that it gets near cold enough for condensation to form. I think the articles I read were talking about putting them in front of something like a window unit or something where it'll get really cold.

I've found that the phone will get pretty hot if I am using it while plugged in and have the hotspot turned on. I always put it on a phone stand and place it in front of a small fan when I'm using it at my desk. That always seems to do the trick for me. I've even thought about turning it around backwards and taking the back off if need be. Thankfully the only time I need to do that is when the internet is down which doesn't happen very often. ;)

Upvote 0
I have had the same problem in the past. I realized that the CPU would be maxed out to whatever the maximum speed I had set; could be 900, 1100, 1360, wouldn't matter. After some checking, I found that the Facebook (official) app was the culprit. It was causing my governor (didn't matter which governor) to not do it's job and would cause the CPU to stay at the maximum clock speed. I used a task killer and killed the FB app to test it, and voila! Not sure if this helps anyone, but FB needs to fix their app. What could be causing the app to do this?

i had this same exact problem. :mad:

Upvote 0
my marquee most times it gets very hot at the back where the memory card and the flash of the camera are .. when it gets very hot the battery start to discharge really fast .... if i plug the charger gets wors .twice i get message on the screen to remove the battery i put it in cool place. because was too hot ..iam using ctmod. 3.68+kernel Hyper 2.0 voltage control set Sio + ondemandx 120-1300.......anybody also have this problem?:thinking:

Burnt battery up cause it was charging over night

Upvote 0
See u taken big step up in life

Hey man! Yeah, I went from the SV over to the S3. I've been busy LOL!! One thing's for sure though, I'm gonna keep my Marquee. I sold my SV and will probably end up selling my Prevail but the Marquee stays with me. It gets the best reception out of the whole lot, old and new. Crazy huh? :D

I've also got about 5 or 6 extra batteries for that baby too. Most are 1800mAh. Yep, definitely gonna keep it. :D

Upvote 0
Hey man! Yeah, I went from the SV over to the S3. I've been busy LOL!! One thing's for sure though, I'm gonna keep my Marquee. I sold my SV and will probably end up selling my Prevail but the Marquee stays with me. It gets the best reception out of the whole lot, old and new. Crazy huh? :D

I've also got about 5 or 6 extra batteries for that baby too. Most are 1800mAh. Yep, definitely gonna keep it. :D

Yes sir I agree I had far less Probs with marquee than prevail and majorly and by far absolutely far less problems less than zte warp n860 this pos keeps me in pure hate mode for sure dang I miss my marquee

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones