• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG VOLT - No LTE (Running Slimkat)

ImNoEvil

Lurker
Aug 2, 2016
(In advance, I Apologize if I've incorrectly made a Post/Thread of which belongs in specific places of This Site. My Data is too slow to grasp where making new Post/Thread's would be, foe I've seen people complain about this.)

My issue lies with my LG Volt, it is Running the Slimkat 4.4.4. I cannot obtain LTE. I've read multiple sites, forums... of people with the same issue. I've found sites Thats given APN's zips to Install Via TWRP.

I believe they would work, but this is a different scenario for I am not Exactly running a Popular Carrier, although when I Toggle on/off on mobile data it does say Sprint, heres the catch, This Carrier Is Government Assisted Phone Named "QLINK Wireless*.
(Which has Newly Added Data to They're Plan.)

I believe if I were able to Obtain QLinkwireless APN information I'd be able to Manually Create an Fiddle with the APN Settings, Thus possibly fixing my issue at hand. Downside is, I cannot obtain that information for I believe it is hidden & QLINKWireless Wouldn't/Couldn't Give me that info.

I'm Uploading a Photo of all the APN's this Phone (or when Flashed to Slimkat) has in its Settings.
(None of which when I Observed has any short names or named QLINKWirless in the Server Or Proxy areas in each APN, Or any APN Named QLink for that matter.)

Seems Upload isn't working so well...
So here they are in Text Form.

----------------------------------------
Boost
Freedom Pop EHRPD
Freedom Pop LTE
Sprint EHRPD OTA
Sprint EHRPD Internet
Sprint LTE OTA
Sprint LTE Internet
Sprint LTE
Virgin Moble
Credo
Sprint MMS
Ting
--------------------------------------------

Objective is to Fix this LTE, so I can actually use my internet and gaming without waiting 50KB every 2-3 seconds... So uhh. Please help? Lol
Thanks in Advance.

[Also QLinkWireless seems haaaaarsh. Which I guess is a pandemic with government assistance. I previously was in a funded job program and it always felt like I was being judged & set-up to fail. And when I did get a job, the one monitoring my progress always tried to make mandatory meetings for days she knew I worked. But, yeah, I had never heard of QLinkWireless before and just searching that I read so many so many harsh service comments on :-( ]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones