• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Liberty Stuck in Boot Loop....HELP!!

hopefully you have your data backed up. The easy way around a boot loop is a factory data reset.

With phone off:

1) Hold down the home button, then press and hold the power button (at the same time) until you see a /!\ sign on the screen.
2) When you see the /!\ press the search button.
3) You will be in the recovery screen.
4) Hit data wipe, factory reset.

You will lose your data, but will be able to get into the phone. Liberty requires a data and cache wipe. It is likely you skipped that step, which is the source of your currrent problem.

Good luck.

Steven

Upvote 0
it finally loaded (sigh of relief) but i did lose all my data. do i need to redowload all my root stuff? and is there a possible way to go back to stock now?
no you a simple data reset will not lose root ,,,,it just clears stored data for system and apps ,the way you get back to stock is to flash the .2.3.340 full sbf or use maerstok.zip through bootstrap

i just dont want to have to factory data reset the phone
and here is where you went wrong my friend and how you got stuck in a bootloop in the first place ,,,,do not cut corners on this stuff its very important to follow the devs instructions they are there for a reason,,,,im glad you were able to get it squared away ,,,if you need those files i mentioned let us know:)

Upvote 0
What Gmenfan said, you should have wiped/factory reset your phone before you installed Liberty. As long as you use TI back up to backup apps/system, then save your contacts to SD card you should be good to go. Once on Liberty input your google account info and all your Apps will start do download (I would get on a wifi connection before I start this) and then import your contacts back from SD card.

Upvote 0
I still don't understand what's so bad about a factory/data reset to everyone
it doesn't take *that* long to set up all of your settings again

in fact, I'm getting quite fast at it

ditto and don't use TiBu, just get the apps I want on wifi and go to town

said it in a post a while back, have the LPP unlock code memorized, sad but streamlined

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones