• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ***list of safe apps to remove***

Also Be carefull when removing stuff. I have all the aps the come on a admire phone, for if some reason I do something, or if I needed something, I can go back and replace it, Like Swype and MMS. I needed it so I just went back, took it from my flashdrive, to computer to the phone. Works great. I have learn that if your going to root your phone and un-install apps. you should first now how to install apps..

Reactions: DerekElensar
Upvote 0
Where do you find all the files that come on a meter phone? I dont see a file names /cust/metropcs/us/app folder IIRC.. Also does anyone have a admire that can tell me what is safe to remove? So far I have been removing files using Titanium Backup.. Also is it safe to remove My Metro, TTS Service, Voicesearch, Talk 1.3, Pico TTS? What else could or shoudl I remove? Not moving foward till I hear input

Safe to remove...
My metro
Voice search
Pico
Tts
do not remove talk

Upvote 0
also be carefull when removing stuff. I have all the aps the come on a admire phone, for if some reason i do something, or if i needed something, i can go back and replace it, like swype and mms. I needed it so i just went back, took it from my flashdrive, to computer to the phone. Works great. I have learn that if your going to root your phone and un-install apps. You should first now how to install apps..

^^ + 1

Upvote 0
lmao, that like having brill at Mcdonalds Drive thru. lmao. Dude I have to thank you for you help. Im not sure if you hunt or not, but if you do, I hunt green swamp here in florida and for your time, your always welcome to join..

By the way, what is the best browser to have?

Dude! Pm me, I love hunting!

IMO dolphin is the best I use mini but HD is also sweet

Upvote 0
Dude! Pm me, I love hunting!

IMO dolphin is the best I use mini but HD is also sweet

Sure thing man I will..

Here are some more aps Im curious about:

I downloaded Mapquest, so is it safe to remove maps? Also I cannot find were they hide latitude, navagation, but I see when I freeze Maps, they both disapear!

Also is it safe to remove Google search, I have dolphon running, right now google search if froze and everything seems to be running good

Do you need sound recorded for sounds when you record in video mod, or can I remove that too?

What about Streetview?

Right now everything everything listed is frozen to see how things run, so faw so good, and I can still download from the market

Upvote 0
Sure thing man I will..

Here are some more aps Im curious about:

I downloaded Mapquest, so is it safe to remove maps? Also I cannot find were they hide latitude, navagation, but I see when I freeze Maps, they both disapear!

Also is it safe to remove Google search, I have dolphon running, right now google search if froze and everything seems to be running good

Do you need sound recorded for sounds when you record in video mod, or can I remove that too?

What about Streetview?

Right now everything everything listed is frozen to see how things run, so faw so good, and I can still download from the market

Maps holds the navigation and latitude is tied to it.
I never tried removing it.

If its frozen without issue you can delete it.
You can also delete metroweb (stock browser) but I forget the Apk name

It can be deleted. It is actually lower quality than the video app makes.
I use hi-q mp3 recorder myself for musical purposes.

Upvote 0
Maps holds the navigation and latitude is tied to it.
I never tried removing it.

If its frozen without issue you can delete it.
You can also delete metroweb (stock browser) but I forget the Apk name

It can be deleted. It is actually lower quality than the video app makes.
I use hi-q mp3 recorder myself for musical purposes.

I Remove maps, Im using Mapquest instead, I also remove the browers being that Im using dolphin. I will remove the recorded as well, and download a better one..

I think I have removed everything that I could, then downloaded what I wanted and saved to a sd.. Still trying to figure out to lower rom tho, right not I have about 40mb free.

I am new at this, but to be honest with your help, I have learn alot. Thanks (Plus it helps that I found all the aps and I have them saved, if I removed something I want 6 months from, its no issue what so every to get it back on my phone, I didnt back the phone up with everything before root, I just back all the aps (apk and odxs ) to home computer.

I will PM U about hunting..

Upvote 0
I Remove maps, Im using Mapquest instead, I also remove the browers being that Im using dolphin. I will remove the recorded as well, and download a better one..

I think I have removed everything that I could, then downloaded what I wanted and saved to a sd.. Still trying to figure out to lower rom tho, right not I have about 40mb free.

I am new at this, but to be honest with your help, I have learn alot. Thanks (Plus it helps that I found all the aps and I have them saved, if I removed something I want 6 months from, its no issue what so every to get it back on my phone, I didnt back the phone up with everything before root, I just back all the aps (apk and odxs ) to home computer.

I will PM U about hunting..

I have moved non vital apps from rom to data before, you can try that...

Lemme find my list if non vital system apps and see what we can do.

Upvote 0
Hey Guys: I tried removing some Metro BLOATWARE off of my M835 using ADB. I got most of what I wanted under the system/app path. However, in the cust/metropcs/us/app path I found the gold mine of SH*T that is killing my phone off. HOW do I delete these files? It keeps saying these are read-only files??

Root explorer from the market is my favorite. Paid for it when I had my Ascend. Very useful app:thumbup:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer

Reactions: Spec2nirvash
Upvote 0
IMO leave it..there are other things that could be removed to free up space if that is your goal.
What have you deleted up to this point:thinking:

I have deleted all the MetroPCS crap . The few apps I'm wondering about is like i said
"softwear update" -will never turn off ( not even if forced stopped)
and I'm concern about the music player (it won't shut down no matter what either)that came stock with th e phone that will not turn off either. I like the winamp better,... I'm trying to get the most out of my phone. More space faster response all that jazz . I'm curious if google+ and google+ messenger can be removed i thought about freezing all the apps since I've got titanium backup pro . (of course after backing up) but i don't want to.mess anything up . Not a noob just one step above that . Lol any thoughts

Upvote 0
I have deleted all the MetroPCS crap . The few apps I'm wondering about is like i said
"softwear update" -will never turn off ( not even if forced stopped)
and I'm concern about the music player (it won't shut down no matter what either)that came stock with th e phone that will not turn off either. I like the winamp better,... I'm trying to get the most out of my phone. More space faster response all that jazz . I'm curious if google+ and google+ messenger can be removed i thought about freezing all the apps since I've got titanium backup pro . (of course after backing up) but i don't want to.mess anything up . Not a noob just one step above that . Lol any thoughts

Everything you mentioned above should be able to be deleted. My software update is Metro Care and is no longer on my phone after flashing a different ROM .
As you had said-try perhaps blocking/freezing the apps with TB-if there are no ill effects then wrote them.:)
You'll have a backup anyway;):thumbup:
Google + and the messenger are optional apps also BTW :D

Reactions: Walter420
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones