• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Location of Automatic Update Package?

jasonacg

Mar 11, 2010
Tampa Bay, FL
I'm running an Epic 4g that's rooted, but otherwise stock.

When the latest update came out (late May/early June, I think), it was pushed to my phone. Of course, I can't apply the update from a rooted phone. So, I just hit "Install Later" when the prompt comes up, several times a day.

I would like to find the whereabouts of the upgrade package on my phone, and remove it. At the same time, I'd like to try to prevent the update from getting pushed to my phone again. It's taking up space on my phone, and even with most apps moved to my SD card, my internal memory is running low. I suspect the update package is responsible for that. Does anyone know where to find that package?

Since I'll be replacing the phone at some point, and because my schedule gets busy, I'm not interested in going to the effort of installing custom ROMs at the moment. So, I'm just hoping for a quick, if just temporary, fix.

Thanks for any advice.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones