• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Location Settings

I am trying to save battery on my hero. I know the GPS can drain the battery. However completely shutting all of the options to off makes nothing work that is location related and its a pain to turn all of them on and off when using or not using certain apps.

The three settings are:
Use wireless networks
Location Setting
Enable GPS Satellites

Now I only have the Location Setting turned on. I have read a lot online that this doesn't use addtional battery power. Is that true or should I have other options selected to save power?

I'm going to assume 2.1 has not been pushed to your device yet? In 2.1 there is a quick bar (shortcut bar...hardware bar, what ever the proper name for it is...) that you can put on the main screen that you can enable or disable certain hardware.

You can tap the wi-fi icon to turn it completely on or off
You can tap the bluetooth icon to turn it completely on or off
You can tap the GPS icon to turn it completely on or off
You can tap the background sync icon to turn it completely on or off
You can tap the brightness icon to cycle between low-medium-high brightness

And do all of it on the main screens without going into the settings menus.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones