• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Loki][Uncapped] rbheromax Kernel (JB recovery fix)

Hey RB,

Just tried flashing the new kernel, and all I'm getting is a vibration and a blank screen. I'll send some llogcats in the next half hour. I'm really interested to see how far we can push this device.

Regards,
Nova_Deimos

P.S. Good call on the cache not mounting right in CM 10.1. I've almost got it locked down.

You won't be able to logcat as adb is disabled at boot, but give me a sec to rebuild that same image and add adb on boot so we can get that logcat. and yeah I spent some time trying to get that cm to work but now I'm working on getting 4.3 to us. :D

Upvote 0
Give me some time to make a completely new build. It'll be the best yet. As for the 4.3, I just took the Nexus 4 leak and extracted the files. The Nexus 4 is an APQ8064 board, which is a variation of the MSM8960 the Galaxy Stellar is based on, so I figured it'd be safe to flash their kernel too. When I check out the N4 kernel, I will test and release that too.

Upvote 0
Just in case anyone cares, here's how I got Czar Kernel (0.7) to work on my LH2 JB.

Install ics-czar-full.zip, then Czar Kernel stellar-uncapped.zip.

Thank you very much for your work rb, everything works just as expected!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I already had TWRP 2.5.0.0, and from there I installed the first package, reboot recovery, then installed the actual kernel.

Reactions: rbheromax
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones