1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Looking to buy another phone

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by BentLogic, Mar 14, 2021.

1. BentLogic

BentLogic Lurker

Evenin, I'm looking at buying another phone being this one is starting to give me issues . I've had it almost 2 years and I think a google update from over a year ago killed any kind of call recording I was trying to do. Honestly this phone I bought because it was the only thing cheap enough on the shelf at the time at the local Walmart to fit my needs. I'm not trying to spend a lot on a phone but trying to keep it under $200.

I'm with Straight Talk (Verizon) and I have to keep my number, so far I love Samsung phones and would prefer another. Cell Data (manager on) , Sadly my phone is most of my entertainment like YouTube, Pandora, a few games and health meter apps . I watch a few tv shows as well on a CBS app. I don't do a lot of pics or videos, maybe being a YouTube creator is in my future LoL NOT! I hope this gives you an idea of what I do with my phone so maybe it will help your advice.

I really hope the next phone ALLOWS call recording to make my life easier... it's a must!

TIA, of course if I missed anything feel free to ask!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

look for the s9 or s10, those are probably pretty cheap by now. i would also start looking into getting smart switch setup on your computer and phone now. it will make transferring your stuff a lot easier.

BentLogic likes this.
  3. BentLogic

BentLogic Lurker

Yes I have smart switch on this phone but no computer other than this phone is my computer lol. I'm thinking about doing a little shopping today in store and online and I'm hoping to find something that fits my situation. Thanks!

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Android 10 & 11 broke call recording, although a few good apps exist using the accessibility settings. I use Cube ACR and it's great at recording calls (with limits, ie it can't record through Bluetooth devices).

As far as a phone, I love my Galaxy Note 10+ as the S Pen is so versatile and useful for so many things. Highly recommended if you don't need the newest shiny thing.

BentLogic and ocnbrze like this.
  5. BentLogic

BentLogic Lurker

If I remember right I have android 9 and an update over a year ago ended call recording. I'm trying to stay under $200 for a phone I keep on average of about 2 years before it starts having problems. As it looks right now I may have to blow through that budget to something abit more pricier and hope it will last me 3-4 years with the newest as possible android version... which I think is 11 at the moment.

I've tried the Cube ACR and still can't seem to figure it out either lol

Thanks!

#5 BentLogic, Mar 15, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    ocnbrze likes this.