• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mail / google voice not refreshing properly?

ajacy

Lurker
Nov 21, 2009
Hey all,

When I first got my phone, one of the things I did to save on battery life was to turn off the "always on mobile" setting, as I read that the refresh intervals still work properly and refresh according to your settings (ie: mail will still be checked every 5 min, etc.). For the next few weeks, it did work properly like I read and I never had issues when i pressed the sleep/standby button on my phone as far as receiving mail and google voice messages every 5 minutes.

the other day I checked the "enable always on mobile" box, and realized it was taking up too much battery, so I decided to uncheck it once again, thinking it would go back to how it was before, but now I am not receiving mail / google voice / etc. properly, and only seems to refresh if I take the phone out of standby.

For example, with the "scoreboard" google app I will not receive an update until i physically press the power on my phone (which can be 3 hours later after the game ends), I have mail that I received at 5:00pm that I didnt receive until I physically turn on the screen at 5:45, and I don't get notifications for text messages through google voice properly ,same as above. I had a google voice text message received at 3:00pm and didn't receive notification until I turned on my phone at 6:00 pm

I have checked the scoreboard app, google voice, and mail settings and they are all set to 5 min intervals. Does anybody have any idea why this is happening? I only noticed this ever since I "checked" and then "unchecked" the always-on-mobile setting under wireless settings. I know 100% I had "always on" turned off before when I was still receiving everything fine.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones