• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

malware virus "us.mini-71.xyz" - how to remove

bozar

Lurker
Jun 24, 2016
Hi,

I have Samsung Galaxy S7 and about 2 weeks ago when using web browser I got the message:
"Your phone is full of viruses, to remove them download xxx"
I've closed it cuz I though it's and ad. But bow im getting it more frequent. Today I got it almost every single time that I want to open a page. It pops up 10 times in one minute! The adress of the page on which is directing starts: https://www.us.mini-71.xyz....

I tried to check the system with avast antivirus but it shows nothing.

What to do? how to remove it?

thank you for all the answers
1. Im using Maxthon browser with adblocker on board. But Ive checked that this problem pops out on every browser that Ive tried.
2. I don't have anything from Cheetach Mobile.

Im schocked that this problem cannot be solved with a simple 'delete' function in avast antivirus.

Upvote 0
The virus is the message telling you that you have a virus. There are many types of viruses, some are destructive and some are just annoying, what you have is adware. Advertising that was injected via a site you visited. If you click the link it will download a "Cleaning or Security" app of some sort. This is the ruse.
The problem may be emanating from an app you have recently downloaded. I have an adware detector but it requires root. I will look into it more.

Reactions: KOLIO and svim
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones