• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Maximum power saving mode

XXHHXX

Lurker
Feb 18, 2021
Hi all,

I wish to count my steps and specifically use the PACER app in maximum power saving mode.
I have set the special access to allow use in data saver and this has not rectified it and allowed all permissions, but when I turn the power saver on it does not count steps any ideas how to sort this?
Tia

Hi all,

I wish to count my steps and specifically use the PACER app in maximum power saving mode.
I have set the special access to allow use in data saver and this has not rectified it and allowed all permissions, but when I turn the power saver on it does not count steps any ideas how to sort this?
Tia

I've not really used this mode myself, but I suspect power saver mode shuts down the sensors in your phone, to save battery consumption. And this includes the accelerometer, which is used to count your steps based on movement. Immediate solution is not to use power saver while you're working out with this Pacer app, or other pedometer and health tracker apps.

Data saver is only really for reducing the amount of wireless data your phone uses, like for if you have a limited allowance from your carrier. But that shouldn't affect health tracker apps though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones