• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Messaging keeps crashing

Every time I click on the 'Messaging' app it goes all black and then says 'Messaging has stopped'. It has been doing this since for 2 days straight so I can't access my messages. I haven't been receiving messages either.

From searching on the internet people said to clear cache, but when I go to the app in settings it doesn't allow me to do this. The only option is to clear data, disable or force stop. It's only this one app, the rest seem to be fine. Should i reboot the phone altogether or just delete data?

Every time I click on the 'Messaging' app it goes all black and then says 'Messaging has stopped'. It has been doing this since for 2 days straight so I can't access my messages. I haven't been receiving messages either.

From searching on the internet people said to clear cache, but when I go to the app in settings it doesn't allow me to do this. The only option is to clear data, disable or force stop. It's only this one app, the rest seem to be fine. Should i reboot the phone altogether or just delete data?

Install Go SMS and set that as default message app

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones