• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Metro Just pushed a firmware ans OS update

Yea, I'm in love with this update. I might go back to my motion just because of how fast it is right now. My phone (LG Optimus L9) doesn't have LTE :(

Hindsight sure is 20/20.

In the beginning of February I bought my F6, because I was tired of my motion constantly dropping 4G throughout the day. I had originally intended to stick things out with the motion in till they flipped the switch on the CDMA network.

Once I bought my F6 I discovered that didn't fix the problem. Even on T Mobile GSM network, LTE was still dropping throughout the day. If I had only held out for 2 more months, I wouldn't have spent the money on a new phone, and I could have conceivably stuck things out with my motion until the end.

Now, I could probably switch back to my motion, but I have been spoiled by the larger screen size of the F6.

Upvote 0
In response to a question above...Sorry - out of the country for 2 weeks...

My phone works on the Green and on red line from Park Street to H Sq.

Still don't get a signal on Rte 93 between Stoneham and Medford though...sigh....

Spot pond dead zone! Metro announced a trade in program for New England subscribers while you were away, as our network will be gone in month or so. You're motion is worth $50 towards a new LG :D

Get the F3 or F6 for the LTE. I got the 6 myself, it's like a huge HD screen Motion but 20x faster. And orange line underground now has full LTE!

Reactions: RogerHunt
Upvote 0
Get the F3 or F6 for the LTE. I got the 6 myself, it's like a huge HD screen Motion but 20x faster. And orange line underground now has full LTE!

Sure, but with only 1.2GB of internal storage vs. 5.6GB. Currently I am using 2.2 on my Motion so I would already be out of space.:mad:

Reminds me of the old days of PC's when you would always have to go and remove things to make more room.

Upvote 0
Sure, but with only 1.2GB of internal storage vs. 5.6GB. Currently I am using 2.2 on my Motion so I would already be out of space.:mad:

Reminds me of the old days of PC's when you would always have to go and remove things to make more room.

Well, true. 1.2GB is pretty short for somebody with a Motion. All Android phones I've ever owned and used daily have had 2GB or less user storage so I can make 1.2 stretch fine for what I need. I don't install tons of apps or use camera functions, and I purge app databases regularly.

Despite the storage space and lack of auto-brightness, its a pretty damn good handset for what I paid :D

Call me crazy, but I prefer using this F6 over my Nexus 5 that's now collecting dust on my desk ;)

Upvote 0
Well, true. 1.2GB is pretty short for somebody with a Motion. All Android phones I've ever owned and used daily have had 2GB or less user storage so I can make 1.2 stretch fine for what I need. I don't install tons of apps or use camera functions, and I purge app databases regularly.

Despite the storage space and lack of auto-brightness, its a pretty damn good handset for what I paid :D

Call me crazy, but I prefer using this F6 over my Nexus 5 that's now collecting dust on my desk ;)

Lg interface that good for you? Maybe flash a lg g2 rom to her see what it does for you

Upvote 0
Lg interface that good for you? Maybe flash a lg g2 rom to her see what it does for you

I was not a big fan of LG's 4.0 UI like Motion and Spirit. At least their 4.1 overlay has a lot more cool stuff, even the lock screen and phone UI are sweet lookin :)

My preference would be stock Vanilla Jellybean. I was very happy with 4.1/4.2, and I dunno WTF Google was thinking with KitKat. I really don't like the way KK runs or looks on my Nexus

Upvote 0
This update is draining my battery at unbelievable rate, but randomly though. I thought it was my battery, so I purchased a new oem battery and its draining pretty quickly. My phone was mostly on standby today. I only placed two 10 min calls today. I had a 90% charge 4 hrs ago and it went from 90% to 50% on standby. And that's with wifi off, 4g off, gps off. Something's not right with this update.

Upvote 0
This update is draining my battery at unbelievable rate, but randomly though. I thought it was my battery, so I purchased a new oem battery and its draining pretty quickly. My phone was mostly on standby today. I only placed two 10 min calls today. I had a 90% charge 4 hrs ago and it went from 90% to 50% on standby. And that's with wifi off, 4g off, gps off. Something's not right with this update.

You might need to factory reset. It worked fine for me. :thinking:

Upvote 0
I hate to have to give up my motion and its 5gb memory... alas...

Spent the afternoon at two different metro 'dealers' in town. One has F3's but no F6, the other had F6 but no F3's and I need to replace two motion phones.

Somehow one dealer says, my trade in is worth only $19....and ended up quoting me $282 for 2 F6 phones before trade in.... sheesh... I can see from metro's web site that the motion is worth a $49 trade in.

Can't believe Metro has the balls to charge a $15 upgrade fee ! I'm being forced to upgrade...

Upvote 0
I hate to have to give up my motion and its 5gb memory... alas...

Spent the afternoon at two different metro 'dealers' in town. One has F3's but no F6, the other had F6 but no F3's and I need to replace two motion phones.

Somehow one dealer says, my trade in is worth only $19....and ended up quoting me $282 for 2 F6 phones before trade in.... sheesh... I can see from metro's web site that the motion is worth a $49 trade in.

Can't believe Metro has the balls to charge a $15 upgrade fee ! I'm being forced to upgrade...

It's a restocking fee. AT&T charges $35 for that.

Upvote 0
There's a blurb on the metropcs website about the update:

LG MOTION 4G MS770 SOFTWARE UPDATE

We are pleased to announce the software upgrade to MS77010G is now available for the LG Motion 4G. This software upgrade includes important enhancements to improve performance.

Note:
If the current version is not MS77010F, the device may required multiple software updates until the software version is MS77010G. LG recommends using the LG Mobile Support Tool if the software version is not MS7710F.

Upvote 0
There's a blurb on the metropcs website about the update:

LG MOTION 4G MS770 SOFTWARE UPDATE

We are pleased to announce the software upgrade to MS77010G is now available for the LG Motion 4G. This software upgrade includes important enhancements to improve performance.

Note:
If the current version is not MS77010F, the device may required multiple software updates until the software version is MS77010G. LG recommends using the LG Mobile Support Tool if the software version is not MS7710F.

That was already posted here :p

Upvote 0
So you are liking the F6 huh? I'll miss my Motion and will end up keeping it for Wi-Fi stuff. Besides after all the rebates the F6 is now only $50 on the Metro Site.

I have received multiple texts from Metro during the past two weeks and even received a voice mail from them today letting me know my service would end soon if I didn't upgrade my phone. They are really pushing it in this Boston Metro region!

I was hoping the One Plus One would be out before the demise of my Motion's service. I may get the F6 as a stop-gap measure in the meantime.

My questions are:

Are there any definite dates they are turning off the CDMA network out here in the North East?

Is the F6 a good enough phone to get me by until the One Plus One is available?

BTW These "T" fare hikes are going to suck! At least I'll have phone service now and can be more productive during my commute.

-SipDude

Spot pond dead zone! Metro announced a trade in program for New England subscribers while you were away, as our network will be gone in month or so. You're motion is worth $50 towards a new LG :D

Upvote 0
So you are liking the F6 huh? I'll miss my Motion and will end up keeping it for Wi-Fi stuff. Besides after all the rebates the F6 is now only $50 on the Metro Site.

I have received multiple texts from Metro during the past two weeks and even received a voice mail from them today letting me know my service would end soon if I didn't upgrade my phone. They are really pushing it in this Boston Metro region!

I was hoping the One Plus One would be out before the demise of my Motion's service. I may get the F6 as a stop-gap measure in the meantime.

My questions are:

Are there any definite dates they are turning off the CDMA network out here in the North East?

Is the F6 a good enough phone to get me by until the One Plus One is available?

BTW These "T" fare hikes are going to suck! At least I'll have phone service now and can be more productive during my commute.

-SipDude

Supposedly as of July 1st our CDMA network will be gone.

And to answer your question about the F6.... I love the phone. More than I thought I would being an LG. I think it would work fine as an interim phone. Lightning fast 4G LTE, remote app is a nice feature and it seems to work well even under some stress..

I've had it for about 3 weeks now, no major complaints. ;)

Reactions: SipDude
Upvote 0
OK, I'll have to call around next week to some of the more local Metro stores to see who has the F6 in stock. Did you get yours at a store or online?? Did you keep your Motion?? What was your final cost if I can ask?

TIA

-SipDude

Supposedly as of July 1st our CDMA network will be gone.

And to answer your question about the F6.... I love the phone. More than I thought I would being an LG. I think it would work fine as an interim phone. Lightning fast 4G LTE, remote app is a nice feature and it seems to work well even under some stress..

I've had it for about 3 weeks now, no major complaints. ;)

Upvote 0
OK, I'll have to call around next week to some of the more local Metro stores to see who has the F6 in stock. Did you get yours at a store or online?? Did you keep your Motion?? What was your final cost ifcan ask?

TIA

-SipDude

I had an LG Connect that I gave up. Since Connect had a $100 trade in I just used that and kept Motion instead. Cost me one crappy phone and $33 total for F6, protective case and sales tax for the phone.

Still have Motion and Premia sitting on my desk ;) I was glad to see the Connect go.

Upvote 0
Can't find any F6's in the area. All the Metro stores out here have is the high end $400 and up phones now! How nice of them during this FORCED transitional period.

If I'm going to spend any real money on my next phone it will be on a One+One or the LG G3. (both rumored to be coming out JUST AFTER the July 1st Metro CDMA shut down.) Boo!!

I have made friends with a Manager at a T-Mobile store and she is keeping an eye out for the G3 when it does come in but everything she is hearing is sometime mid July.

With the One+One it could be forever before I see one of those with their invite system.

**Sigh**

Is anyone else getting the now daily messages about the impending shutdown? My phone will beep and I'll see the voice mail icon and think hmm. that's odd, my phone never rang. Then I check the voice mail and it's MetroPCS reminding me of the impending shut down. I also get texts 2-3 times a week now saying the same thing.

I think it's crappy that they are forcing me to go and buy a $400-$500 phone at their stores if I want to stay with them. I kid you not. And my Motion is ONLY worth $50 on certain phone upgrades too! The last store I went into only had the high end phones and the kid told me other cheaper ones were on order but he had no clue when they would be coming in. (I bet just after July 1st!)

Well, if anyone has any other ideas as to a solution please let me know. I'm really frustrated with this who thing.

-Sipdude

I had an LG Connect that I gave up. Since Connect had a $100 trade in I just used that and kept Motion instead. Cost me one crappy phone and $33 total for F6, protective case and sales tax for the phone.

Still have Motion and Premia sitting on my desk ;) I was glad to see the Connect go.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones