• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS & T-Mobile] How much demand is out there for an AOSP-ish "stock" Rom?

joe_m0do

Lurker
Nov 23, 2014
If it's not here, I'd rather not bother, as I work for myself, and I can't promise ANY support without a supportive base to help with their own troubleshooting. Things will break, and if you aren't willing to help me help you, then I'd rather keep it all to myself. That said, I'll be using this phone for about a week more, then plan to destroy it, break it every which way until I make it work the way I want.

For those that are confused, I'm not proposing Cm11, or any other variant, what I have in mind is more akin to the "Dandroid" roms for Samsung devices. I'll take stock, do all the fancy stuff, deox, zip align yada yada, then get rid of as much LG in the ui as possible. If there's a demand for it, I'll support it.... If not, you may just get a stable Rom that works, with no promise of updates, because that's the kind of guy I am. And other devs in town, don't worry, I won't be stealing your code or kernels, I have a pretty good grasp on, well, everything Android, I just like to tinker. I may have a glance once in awhile, if I need to, but I'm a friend, no foe, and no thief. I just expect the same from others.

Why am I ranting and raving about this now? My phone wasn't working properly, so I decided to redo everything from scratch. I haven't slept in 2 days, and I have a semi functional Rom that looks a little less LG and a little more Android. Maybe I'll continue, maybe not.

Reactions: roadkill42
If it's not here, I'd rather not bother, as I work for myself, and I can't promise ANY support without a supportive base to help with their own troubleshooting. Things will break, and if you aren't willing to help me help you, then I'd rather keep it all to myself. That said, I'll be using this phone for about a week more, then plan to destroy it, break it every which way until I make it work the way I want.

For those that are confused, I'm not proposing Cm11, or any other variant, what I have in mind is more akin to the "Dandroid" roms for Samsung devices. I'll take stock, do all the fancy stuff, deox, zip align yada yada, then get rid of as much LG in the ui as possible. If there's a demand for it, I'll support it.... If not, you may just get a stable Rom that works, with no promise of updates, because that's the kind of guy I am. And other devs in town, don't worry, I won't be stealing your code or kernels, I have a pretty good grasp on, well, everything Android, I just like to tinker. I may have a glance once in awhile, if I need to, but I'm a friend, no foe, and no thief. I just expect the same from others.

Why am I ranting and raving about this now? My phone wasn't working properly, so I decided to redo everything from scratch. I haven't slept in 2 days, and I have a semi functional Rom that looks a little less LG and a little more Android. Maybe I'll continue, maybe not.
I test things for u I have no service just ligiud smooth kk on it now works great I'm all ways looking to tinker

Upvote 0
I'd definitely try this if you're still thinking about it. With new phones seeming to only get larger, and this phone being pretty much the perfect size for my tastes, I can see using this phone for a good while. I'm actually surprised no one has found a way to get KitKat running on it given that it was released for the very similar Optimus F6.

Upvote 0
I'd definitely try this if you're still thinking about it. With new phones seeming to only get larger, and this phone being pretty much the perfect size for my tastes, I can see using this phone for a good while. I'm actually surprised no one has found a way to get KitKat running on it given that it was released for the very similar Optimus F6.
There is a kk I'm using it now called liquid smoth phenomx4 did it but it did not get posted if u pm phenomx4 and ask him for the link I pretty sure he give it to u

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones