• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS & T-Mobile] WE Have Root..!!!!!

Upvote 0
Thnx for replied.. I was late.. Upssss now im working for tethering n to patch loki

pull your kernel,kernel, and download djrbliss loki patch in a zip and unzip it on to your desktop and then follow this guide and you should be able to patch your kernel wit loki androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/741210-howto-guide-compile-loki_patch-execute-credits-c13v3r0n3.html

Reactions: Krlypumaa
Upvote 0
pull your kernel,kernel, and download djrbliss loki patch in a zip and unzip it on to your desktop and then follow this guide and you should be able to patch your kernel wit loki androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/741210-howto-guide-compile-loki_patch-execute-credits-c13v3r0n3.html

That's a negative, I have already tried this. I was working with Shappypenguin last last and this phone is missing some code that prevents the kernel from being patched. I don't know whether djrbliss is gonna keep supporting loki for this phone or not. Yes, the F3 is included in his git, but it's for the VM version of the F3, which does have the required code to patch the kernel.

Reactions: Krlypumaa
Upvote 0
There will definitely be custom roms for this phone, but not a custom kernel, although a custom kernel may be achievable down the road. PG is playing with the source code and trying to get it to compile. If he can get it to compile, we/he can start on a CM build for this phone and may be able to add support for a custom kernel. I'm no dev, so don't take my word 100%, as I could be wrong on something. I co-own a web forum with PG, so i'm in touch with him almost every day. He has his plate full with with previous projects, so he will work on this phone when he has time. There is another dev working on this phone, but I don't know how far he's gotten with his work.

Upvote 0
Can anyone run these commands in ADB. You must be on the latest firmware C. Might be able to whip up a kernel for you guys if you don't have one already.
Code:
adb shell

su

dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot of=/sdcard/aboot.img

dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot of=/sdcard/boot.img

dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery of=/sdcard/recovery.img
These commands will copy the aboot, boot, and recovery images to your internal SD. Then you can copy them to your PC and zip them up and post a link here for me to download.

I'm assuming that everyone is on firmware C and loki support has been added for firm C.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones