• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Missing Attach File Option in Gmail on Verizon Galaxy Note 2?

Fapple

Lurker
Sep 25, 2010
I've been on Android since day 1 and have always had the option to attach files from within the Gmail app.

On this phone, I only have the option to Attach Picture or Attach Video.

I need the ability to attach multiple PDF files from my Dropbox account to a single email. This was easy on my Galaxy Nexus but is proving to be a PITA on the Galaxy Note 2.

I know I can use the Attach Email app as a workaround but I use Android instead of iOS so I don't have to use workarounds...and this app won't let me attach directly from Dropbox.

Why was the Attach File option removed from this phone?

I just did it with the gmail app. If you have Solid Explorer installed, you can do it too. I selected attach picture, solid explorer, went to my sd card selected document folder, then selected the file I wanted to send, the screen when back to gmail with the file attached. I sent it to myself to check if it worked and it did come in.

A PITA and I agree it should have been native to the gmail program but it did work.

Upvote 0
Right now, I can attached only a picture or video from my Dropbox, or I can attach any file from my SD Card via Attach Email (or one of the apps you guys mentioned).

I'm looking to be able to attach any file directly from my Dropbox to an email. The only way to do this now is to save the file from Dropbox to my SD card and then attach it with Attach Email. That is a pain in the ass!

This was possible on my Galaxy Nexus without any workarounds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones