• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MMS messaging probs...nothing working

I'm nearly done with this phone. I have had issues with texting left and right!

first couldn't get voice to record and send in a text with any MMS/SMS company(Handcent\Choms\Go or the one that comes installed w/phone). Had issue w/texting to one of my contacts, (would give error when 'replying' to their texts-would always have start new thread). Also for the most part, couldn't send a picture or video to anyone. If they went through, it took 10 min-30 min-an hour sometimes, but I'd say 90% never would even go through. This is an issue regardless of where I am at. Both times at Best Buy- it took 10 min for one MMS message and went through right away the other few test MMS we sent.

Did a factory reset after spending 1hr on phone w/VZW 'data' tech and talking to Best Buy couple times. Reset fixed my issue w/text to my one contact. Still cannot do voice recording, but most upsetting is cannot send pictures\vids without it taking FOREVER!!! Have seen online that people have had this prob, but never a real solution, just works itself out sometimes. Found this, Samsung Fascinate - Problem solved - MMS receiving & sending with Orange.
but sounds like this person is in Austrailia and I do not see 'APN' on my phone. Have confirmed my settings for SMS/MMS and all seems good have even changed them around as well, w/no help.

So what do I do???? Replace phone, go with another?

Also probs with music player not saving playlist\won't play 5% of my songs(all are MP3) have removed them\put them back on with no luck.

Frustrated.
http://www.samsungfascinateforum.co...lem-solved-mms-receiving-sending-with-orange/

The factory data reset should have washed out all issues, but as amusing as it sounds, we've seen reports of users doing repeated factory data resets and having complete success somewhere down the line, perhaps after the 2nd, 3rd or 4th time.

If I were having those issues, I'd try several resets and reboots, etc. I'd take the time to fully run through them all. If after say the 5th one no joy, time to snag an exchange, unless rooting were a viable option, in which case I'd go ahead and do that. ;)

Reactions: madjpey
Upvote 0
Well I've done 2 more resets and am glad to say that all seems good. I have spent the last couple days sending pics/vids all day and have only had a couple of texts that took a while to go through(1 today that took an hour). I'd say where as I had a 90% fail rate prev, I'm now at a 90% success rate on MMS messages!!

Still not able to record my voice to send in a text with Go, Chomps, or Handcent- only with messenger that came w phone. So I need to have both on screen as a short cut in order to use that feature...

Upvote 0
Well, I spoke to soon.... Worked good for bout a week, but last couple days are back to how it was. :mad: Have had to do *228 3x to get picture texts to finally go through. They'll go through no prob for about 24 hrs or so, but then right back to 30 min\1 hr delay(if at all).

Went to Best Buy today and was told would have to send phone in to see if they could fix since I have they're 'black tie' coverage and I'm past the 30 days. Could use a loaner phone at $150. deposit-laughed at her and said will be back when mgr is in to swap out the phone. Informed her a Best Buy rep already worked on it and had probs as well and suggested probably having to swap it out. Thats ok, have spoken to her before and she could care less about her job there-all other reps there have been extremely helpful and actually take time to mess with the phone\listen to what I'm saying.

Upvote 0
No pic messages going through all day long!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did ANOTHER *228 and then couldn't hear anything when making\receiving calls.

Called Best Buy to inform was on my way to exchange phone. They didn't argue. Said is not normal process, but would do exchange since they've seen first hand all of my issues and is software related, not damage to phone by me.

Now setting up my new phone and so far no probs- we'll see....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones