• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MMS on Textra

pappy53

Jan 15, 2010
North Carolina
I have a new Galaxy S7 Edge. I installed Textra on it, and I am having issues sending pictures. I have used it on other Android phones, with the same issue. It seems like the stock Samsung messaging app sends pics with no problems. I have had several iPhones, and none have ever had a problem sending pics. Any ideas?

Why would you try to send a 4 gB picture via text anyway?

I have used Textra on all of my phones and it has always worked.
the only times it has not, DATA was not available, or I forgot and left my vpn app up and running. Verizon will not allow MMS thru a vpn, I get the error message "cannot reach server".... which makes a lot sense as the vpn tunnels thru Verizon and their servers never see the MMS.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Why would you try to send a 4 gB picture via text anyway?

I have used Textra on all of my phones and it has always worked.
the only times it has not, DATA was not available, or I forgot and left my vpn app up and running. Verizon will not allow MMS thru a vpn, I get the error message "cannot reach server".... which makes a lot sense as the vpn tunnels thru Verizon and their servers never see the MMS.
The OP didn't say they were trying to send a 4 GB picture.

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones