• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MMS/SMS messaging issues

I'm not totally sure if I can send MMS. When I do send an MMS message it says sent. I am off WiFi and on cell data and I've only used Verizon. I have a decent amount of SMS threads. I feel like it also started happening soon after I started using hangouts as my default text messaging app. I cleared defaults, but still nothing

Upvote 0
Normally you don't they have to resend them. It really depends on what was preventing them to come thru. Network will cause delays those come but normally later. Apps or Google voice WiFi etc they normally just don't come in as the network shows it was received by the device but the device was blocking the MMS from actually coming in.

Are they just a specific carrier or is it anyone that sends it

Upvote 0
I received this error yesterday around 5 pm. It's the "Unfortunately, Messages has stopped." error for the default Messaging. It crashes as soon at it opens every time, displaying this error message. How do I fix it without doing anything drastic like factory resetting? Everything else works perfectly fine. I have tried restarting the phone a few times, and I've noticed the phone starts up about 3 times faster. I tried Go SMS Pro, but it doesn't show you the messages you had before you got the error message the first time. Plus that app won't verify my number. Anybody else have this issue? What should I do?

Upvote 0
well if you are using 3rd party sms apps,, remove them for starters.

trace your steps. whatever you were doing prior to this may have caused this to occur.

try a force stop of the message app.

make sure fastboot is unticked.

do a soft boot. hold the power and up volume untill the phone resets.

make sure your memory is not low. go into storage and free up some internal memory.

Reactions: Jrock7
Upvote 0
I use Google voice so I only lose the messages from people who had my real cell number., which was few (like those people who use at&t and who get charged for receiving a text from you because they only have unlimited mobile to mobile, and Google voice is billed by the telephone networks (all voip services, really) as a landline.

Upvote 0
Hi,
I have an HTC One running Android version 4.2.2
Sometimes in the SMS/text app, it will add a second recipient to a text all by itself. Even if I then remove that person and leave the original recipient, after I click send it adds the second person again and then sends the text to both people.
I think I might have to reset the phone to factory settings to reset the phone?
If I do want to reset the phone to factory settings, do you know of a good way of saving contacts and settings (things like wi-fi passwords) without pulling through all the other stuff?
Thanks!

Upvote 0
hi,

smoke this thread over:

http://androidforums.com/htc-one/819269-restoring-backup-htc-sync-dropbox.html

speaks on backup/restore options

Hi,
I have an HTC One running Android version 4.2.2
Sometimes in the SMS/text app, it will add a second recipient to a text all by itself. Even if I then remove that person and leave the original recipient, after I click send it adds the second person again and then sends the text to both people.
I think I might have to reset the phone to factory settings to reset the phone?
If I do want to reset the phone to factory settings, do you know of a good way of saving contacts and settings (things like wi-fi passwords) without pulling through all the other stuff?
Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones