• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music Manager and Music Player app?

curtiplas

Lurker
Aug 9, 2010
Hi All,

I've been using the standard media player on my Nexus one since I've gotten it, only loaded music once using simple copy and paste method on the folder level. Problem is I've gotten new music (alot) and I can no longer fit it all on my nexus one.

Before someone mentions it, I've tried using DoubleTwist and I'm not a fan, I've had issues with slow syncing, duplicates, and as a music manager I can't determine the total size of the media I want to sync, can't choose more than all or selected playlists, no artist selections, I can't edit the file tags within the application, and some music isn't removed when I try to remove it from my library (not move to trash)... Overall I'm very unsatisfied.

Needless to say I'm looking for something else to use, something that allows me to rate my music both on the desktop and on my nexus one...and that those ratings actually sync on... this will allow me to determine what I Listen to and thus only transfer that over to my N1.

Please help!

Tunesync is what I just downloaded the other day to wirelessly sync my music from itunes on a mac. For playing music I am currently using MixZing - nice widget - or Music Mod. I would just go with MixZing, but it doesn't set itself up as a replacement for the stock music player. Can't figure that out.....???

Upvote 0
Hey dude!

Welcome to android Heaven! hhahahaha lol made that 1 up myself :)

Try this software for syncing music and apps etc:

Sync Android, Motorola, Samsung, HTC: doubleTwist with Amazon MP3

Woopsy Sorry I didn't read :D

Hmm the only other thing else i can recommend is Tunesync like Schwin97
recommended....

Try this?: (but you need to pay for it)

http://www.markspace.com/products/android/missing-sync-android.html

Don't know if they are on the level or not.... so reserch before buying their product....

And this:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/download/

Hope this helps you dude,

Cheers

Stinky Stinky

Upvote 0
I tried DoubleTwist as a music manager under Windows and it was a total POS. Based on that experience, I wouldn't even think of using their media player for Android.

iTunes is still the best music manager, however the limitation on the number and types of devices it supports limits its utility.

I am now using MediaMonkey as a music manager. It doesn't support video/movies, but other than that, it does all I need - and it is much less buggy than DoubleTwist. So far I have set it up to synchronize specific playlist with my Android phone and my kids iPod. My wife is getting an iPhone-4 next week so we'll see how it works with that.

The stock media player for Android is okay, but I would like an EQ and setting for creating and managing mixes/playlists on the device.

Upvote 0
I tried DoubleTwist as a music manager under Windows and it was a total POS. Based on that experience, I wouldn't even think of using their media player for Android.

iTunes is still the best music manager, however the limitation on the number and types of devices it supports limits its utility.

I am now using MediaMonkey as a music manager. It doesn't support video/movies, but other than that, it does all I need - and it is much less buggy than DoubleTwist. So far I have set it up to synchronize specific playlist with my Android phone and my kids iPod. My wife is getting an iPhone-4 next week so we'll see how it works with that.

The stock media player for Android is okay, but I would like an EQ and setting for creating and managing mixes/playlists on the device.

I'm using MediaMonkey too and can't agree with you enough how big of a POS doubletwist is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones