• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music playback issue with Galaxy S

l8r_ron

Lurker
Aug 27, 2010
Hi all,

I'm a new Android owner and new to this forum but I've got a problem with my brand new Galaxy S that's driving me nuts: during music (mp3) playback, the application will close part-way through a track for no reason. It might happen on the first or the fourth track, but at some time during playback the music will stop and when I look at the phone there are no apps running.

I've been listening to mp3's for a few days now and I've tried using both the standard Music Player and the doubleTwist player but I keep getting the same problem.

I've tried playing music from internal and external SD storages, and I don't have any other apps running at the same time. I wait a minute after the player stops before re-opening the player and playing the same track that stopped from the start and it plays through fine.

I found a few posts that discussed music playback problems for the Galaxy S and other phones running 2.1, but they all seemed to relate to actual playback problems (i.e. brief silences or pops and hisses during playback) rather than the player itself stopping.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I've been using the galaxy s i9000 for 2 weeks now with at least 6 hre/day of music playback and I have not encoutered once this problem.
Is it always on the same track that the player crashes? maybe it's an encoding problem.

I did not install any playback software on my device, did this issue appeared before you installed another playback software?

When I have sync my Galaxy S with my music collection I have connected it as a media reader and made the sync with Windows media player(WMP). In this context many tunes were converted by WMP beforehand (a long process I migth add) but a lot of my track were converted by iTunes in w4a or something.

I hope that it helps.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I'm a new Android owner and new to this forum but I've got a problem with my brand new Galaxy S that's driving me nuts: during music (mp3) playback, the application will close part-way through a track for no reason. It might happen on the first or the fourth track, but at some time during playback the music will stop and when I look at the phone there are no apps running.

I've been listening to mp3's for a few days now and I've tried using both the standard Music Player and the doubleTwist player but I keep getting the same problem.

I've tried playing music from internal and external SD storages, and I don't have any other apps running at the same time. I wait a minute after the player stops before re-opening the player and playing the same track that stopped from the start and it plays through fine.

I found a few posts that discussed music playback problems for the Galaxy S and other phones running 2.1, but they all seemed to relate to actual playback problems (i.e. brief silences or pops and hisses during playback) rather than the player itself stopping.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi, I have similar problem with the music player on my Galaxy S.

I had wanted to use it for long walks or cycling, just like i used to using my old iPhone. But each time the player will stop after 1 track. This is very irritating. I intend to bring it back to Samsung for repair.

Seems like this problem is quite rare.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem that music and audiobook playback would stop and the player app would quit after a short time.
On my Galaxy S the problem was caused by an app called 'Task Manager' running in the background and killing processes it deemed unnecessary (sic!). :thinking:

After uninstalling Task Manager the issue is gone once and for all. :cool:

I suggest you try the same and see if you have any task/memory manager program cleaning up stuff too frentically. :p
I got the hint from the message log, maybe check out if right after the music player stops you get any system messages on your front screen top-left corner.

Update: just checked the doc for the Task Manager /TasKiller app, you can also put apps like music player, etc on a 'protected list' and TaskManager will never kill the process. Hope this helped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones