• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My EVO is Freeesh!

You and the others have taught me alot just by paying attention and reading. Just trying to pay it forward. Thanks for all your hard work and information.

Right, without reading all of their replies for the past year i wouldnt be able to help anyone let alone myself lol :). We are just trying to make sure this community remains the most helpful android community on the net :), getting help, learning, helping others and so on.

Upvote 0
Sorry i should have been clearer, i just got my EVo about a month ago and want to root so that i can use wireless tether. I am not neccesarily looking to flash new roms as i actually like the sense version. Can you tell me the simplest way to do this so that i can simply gain root access and not risk shuting down 4g, gps, etc.
Thanks and sorry for the vague question
J

Upvote 0
Sorry i should have been clearer, i just got my EVo about a month ago and want to root so that i can use wireless tether. I am not neccesarily looking to flash new roms as i actually like the sense version. Can you tell me the simplest way to do this so that i can simply gain root access and not risk shuting down 4g, gps, etc.
Thanks and sorry for the vague question
J

Simplest way would be to start by reading the Rooting for Dummies guide stickied at the top of the forum. It has step by step instructions to getting you rooted. There are alot of custom sense roms out there with everything working but the first step would be to gain root then you can look around if you want at what is offered.

Upvote 0
Right, without reading all of their replies for the past year i wouldnt be able to help anyone let alone myself lol :). We are just trying to make sure this community remains the most helpful android community on the net :), getting help, learning, helping others and so on.

well you guys are doing a good job.. I really dont do forums cause it take days to get responses and then they may or may not stick with you through it...but not @ evo everything root... you guys are awasome and i,m having fun with my addicition.....thanks to your help

Reactions: evomattnc
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones