• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Motorola Droid won't start up right

M

makeamove1999

This morning I attempted to call my voicemail. It dialed but I could not hear anything. I took the battery out, figuring that it just needed a reset. When I turned the phone back on now all it will do is give me the white droid word and the red eye logo. It just keeps cycling this over and over; it will not start up. I have tried to take the battery out many times and that doesn't help. I have tried to plug it in to a wall charger which didn't work, either. Any help would be appreciated. I need my phone to work!

Mine has done this at least 3 times, but not because of the battery; it just started it on its own.

I had to force the bare-metal restore with the power on holding the X button trick.

Otherwise it cycled on this for over an hour till I got tired of waiting to see what would happen.

Once I could not get it to work from a bare-metal restore until I took the sd-ram card out, backed it all up, and then deleted everything on it so it was fresh and clean.

I later then restored my pictures and videos from the backup.

Now before folks talk about downloading apps causing the problem, I am very very conservative about not downloading any apps I don't need.

So far the only apps I use are Weather Channel, Astro, Tricorder, and WiFi analyzer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones