• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my x10 won't charge!!!!!!

I am having the same problem and am totally disappointed, frustrated and angry. My X10i over a period of weeks would not charge properly unless you held the charging lead in a certain position. One night last month I put it on charge when I went to bed the next morning it wont turn on at all, just a flashing red light. I even tried my partners fully charged battery, NOTHING. I phoned Orange Customer service who informed me my phone was covered under the Sony Manufacturers Warranty, send it to the SE Repair Centre and they will diagnose, fix it and send it back. On Friday I was mortified when I received a letter from the repair centre saying that Physical Damage/Broken phone, I could sign an authority to destroy my handset or PAY TEN POUNDS TO GET MY HANDSET SENT BACK TO ME BROKEN???!! I am so upset I know 100% I have not dropped this phone so I phoned the repair centre who state they have a photo showing internal damage to the USB Charging Port, Internal, looks fine from outside. I have read pages and pages and pages of this being a common fault. The repair centre basically said as its part of the main board its not worth fixing?? Yet on other sites I have read other conflicting information. I am so upset. I have sent a complaint to Sony, it seems like anything to get out of repairing or replacing it. My contract is not due for renewal till November and quite frankly after this I will be waving goodbye to Orange as my provider of 15 years and steering clear of Sony phones.

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem and am totally disappointed, frustrated and angry. My X10i over a period of weeks would not charge properly unless you held the charging lead in a certain position. One night last month I put it on charge when I went to bed the next morning it wont turn on at all, just a flashing red light. I even tried my partners fully charged battery, NOTHING. I phoned Orange Customer service who informed me my phone was covered under the Sony Manufacturers Warranty, send it to the SE Repair Centre and they will diagnose, fix it and send it back. On Friday I was mortified when I received a letter from the repair centre saying that Physical Damage/Broken phone, I could sign an authority to destroy my handset or PAY TEN POUNDS TO GET MY HANDSET SENT BACK TO ME BROKEN???!! I am so upset I know 100% I have not dropped this phone so I phoned the repair centre who state they have a photo showing internal damage to the USB Charging Port, Internal, looks fine from outside. I have read pages and pages and pages of this being a common fault. The repair centre basically said as its part of the main board its not worth fixing?? Yet on other sites I have read other conflicting information. I am so upset. I have sent a complaint to Sony, it seems like anything to get out of repairing or replacing it. My contract is not due for renewal till November and quite frankly after this I will be waving goodbye to Orange as my provider of 15 years and steering clear of Sony phones.

Upvote 0

You copy and pasted the same crap in 3 different posts.

Please don't do that.

Anyone who would buy another Sony made phone is crazy.

But at the same time. Anyone with a busted charging port broke the port themselves. Most likely trying to charge the phone.

If a replacement battery won't work too, then it isn't just the charging port.

Upvote 0
Nothing since April? :thinking: I wish I'd found this thread before purchasing! I thought that some Amazon reviewers must have been just unlucky.

I recently bought a used X10i (dipping my toe into the smartphone market) and have charging problems, the phone had been charging for 3-4 days and the "glass tumbler" was showing half-full, yellow. Today I read the whole of this thread and tried the suggestion of removing the SD card, upon which the phone started charging normally. It's only on 63% from 51% a couple of hours ago, but that's a big improvement. Keeping an eye on the green light!

A new 2600mAh wouldn't charge either, that will be going into the phone minus SD card once the original Sony BST-41 is fully charged (I'm not holding my breath).

I've ordered a standalone battery charger from China for a couple of pounds, I hesitate to spend more for essentially the same Chinese product from the UK - if anyone knows of a good quality one I'd love a link :) I'm amazed that they aren't readily available, my Canon camera battery charges in a Canon-branded one very fast.

My Nokia 6303's charger cable connects via a single pin plug, so much more sensible than these fiddly, flimsy micro-USB connectors.

Upvote 0
SonyEricsson x10 very weak microUSB port, NOT SUPPORTED BY SONYERICSSON WHATSOEVER! My wife is starting a legal suit. Will post more detail soon.

Sony ericsson is a poor bland guys and worst of it it manfactures the x10 in china, they have ripped us off my phone always shuts off when it is connected on data and surprisingly when u switch data off it seems to be okay nad where the hell can u go with the data connection, they duped us lets gather together and come up with a serious lawsuit for these stupid sony x10 makers and lets make a lawsuit that will bankrupt that stupid company and make it a case study for anyone who wuld want to dupe people again

I COUNDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE GUYS ;)

I am having the similar problems with Live with walkman (WT19i) and Xperia Arc S (LT18i). I think it's due to that sony INTENTIONALLY made a charging port rectangular, so the customers would brake it sooner, by not connecting the charging cable correctly (THIS IS ESPECIALLY HARD IN THE DARK) and thus damaging the connector slab located inside the port!!
See this pic
And i am surprised that even Xperia Z, the 2013 flagship of sony still has the rectangular shape of the micro USB port!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For a 700 $ phone it's nice and thrilling that it can put under water, but eventually the USB port will break, and because it's soldered to the motherboard it's beyond economically feasible repair...way to go sony, way to go!
smrdljiva Xperia Z

ALL other phone manufacturers, as far as i know, have trapezoid-like shape of the USB charning port, so there is no way to connect the charging cable in any other way.
Samsung HTC LG ...

Nuf said, SONY never again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones