• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Just to clarify from xda, for those who don't check there. It appears that it was multiwindow that was causing issues on aroma 4.2a. This is now working in 4.2b, but some other functions have been lost as a result ie. skip songs using vol button.

so if you like skip songs, use 4.2a but DO NOT tick the multiwindow option

if you like mutliwindow, use 4.2b

Reactions: Twinn
Upvote 0
All these new mods, but still no sign of the DTMF tones for the dialler... Aw bumflaps. :(

;)

Other than that though, it's been flawless so far - I've stuck with v4.1 and after flashing the HawkLord's blue toggles I've not felt the need for any other mods. Yet... Battery life is good to very good, responsiveness is excellent too. And it seems the new modem is giving better signal coverage here in the middle of nowhere than any of the previous versions too - win win! :D

Upvote 0
Neat XWLS8 23 Blue Toggles Blue Circle Battery Transparent status bar Centre clock

a.png

b.png

Upvote 0
My phone just, apparantly randomly, became bricked :O

Im on Sale lite, with the stock kernel. I was attempting to download a photo from an email when the phone hung. I left it for a while, but no progress was made so I rebooted the phone. The first couple of times the samsung whirly boot logo appeared, but then went back to the samsung yellow triangle screen. Every time I now try it sticks at the triangle screen.

I've tried clearing cache and dalvik, but that hasn't worked. Are there any other suggestions that I could try, before doing a nandroid?

Upvote 0
you phone isn't bricked if you get something on the screen and can get into CWM recovery.

If you can, a CWM restore would be the quickest way out of jail.
if you dont have a backup, then re-flash neat would probably do it.
failling this, you would need to flash stock firmware via odin to get it up and running then flash neat afterwards

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones