1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Need help removing an app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Psychokitty, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    In the forum dog house.
    I posted bthis in the troubleshooting forum, but few people look there, I guess.
    I tried to update mixzing and it failed a few times. I didn't think much about it until I decided to spring for the paid version. I bought it, but it wouldn't upload either. So I went to uninstall mixzing in hopes that a fresh re-install would fix the problem, but there's no option to uninstall. I have my apps backed up, so I tried uninstalling mixzing that way, but it fails.
    The app itself works fine.
    MixZing may have been bundled with UD 9.8, my current ROM, but I'm not sure. I guess ultimately what I need help with is completely removing the app so I can start with a fresh install.
    (Switching, or even reinstalling the ROM is simply not an option. It takes me days to get my phone back the way I like it. I'm not going there.)

Advertisement

2. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Corporate & Securties Attorney
    Wilmington, DE
    Have you checked to see if it's in /system/app? If so, you're not going to be able uninstall the usual way. You're going to need to delete it from /system/app, then go into settings>applications>manage applications, filter all and find it there and uninstall what's left there (even though it probably will show 0 data at that point).

Psychokitty likes this.
  3. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    won the lottery
    WestSiiiide
    could you use Astro?

4. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    In the forum dog house.
    I followed GirLuvsDroids instruction using RootManager, and was able to uninstall & reinstall (and upgrade) MixZing.
    Thanks!

5. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Well-Known Member

Lol nice pun...sorry I had to :D

That is a weird issue though, I wish I could help but I have no idea :thinking: