• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help removing an app

Psychokitty

Android Enthusiast
Dec 14, 2009
In the forum dog house.
I posted bthis in the troubleshooting forum, but few people look there, I guess.
I tried to update mixzing and it failed a few times. I didn't think much about it until I decided to spring for the paid version. I bought it, but it wouldn't upload either. So I went to uninstall mixzing in hopes that a fresh re-install would fix the problem, but there's no option to uninstall. I have my apps backed up, so I tried uninstalling mixzing that way, but it fails.
The app itself works fine.
MixZing may have been bundled with UD 9.8, my current ROM, but I'm not sure. I guess ultimately what I need help with is completely removing the app so I can start with a fresh install.
(Switching, or even reinstalling the ROM is simply not an option. It takes me days to get my phone back the way I like it. I'm not going there.)

Have you checked to see if it's in /system/app? If so, you're not going to be able uninstall the usual way. You're going to need to delete it from /system/app, then go into settings>applications>manage applications, filter all and find it there and uninstall what's left there (even though it probably will show 0 data at that point).

Reactions: Psychokitty
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones