• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need some type of Profiler for times/locations

MustangLife

Jan 5, 2015
Hey all. I haven't been big into apps the last year or so. My interests turned to Windows 10 on PC and recently got back into a daily Android routine. My work doesn't permit phone use on the clock but on break times and lunches I'm a heavy user. I only work 4 days a week but I'm gone from the house 12-13 hours a day. So I need something that makes things easy for me. I don't really want to go the advanced Tasker route if I don't have too. I want to be able to have a home or work profile maybe. And be able to set some times, etc. I have a governor tuned and some screen on and off things programmed. I'm in a rush alot and don't want to spend my free time on lunch and breaks switching things on and off and so on. So hopefully you guys who have been keeping up with the app world can point me to some options.

PS I'm currently using a a rooted/xposed/modded kernel phone so I have no problem with having to do some adjustments. If I don't have to I don't want to tackle Tasker. As I'm still researching the best phone for me. I parted ways with my OP2 in hopes the G4 Plus might be my answer but not sure on that either. My new phone choice is another topic.

What sort of settings do you want to change? If it's just stuff like muting or airplane mode on a schedule then a simple app like timeriffic can do that. There are a lot of profile apps in the Play Store, but I've not used one for years so can't really give any recommendations. If you want it to change any governor settings though then you are definitely into advanced territory.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones