• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NO connection to internet when connected to wifi?

I have 3bars of service for wifi strengh and when I try to go to the market place, or even the internet, I cant connect? I've tried switching with mobile data on and off and same thing happens. I have no problem getting on line with digital coverage tho.

Yes, you should be able to connect to the internet - something is wrong (assuming that the wireless router itself is correctly configured and is itself "connected to the internet")

This may be a bit of a long shot, but I'll throw it out there because the router in question is very common:

If you are using a Linksys WRT54G router with older firmware, and you have it configured for WPA PSK(AES), your Eris will give exactly the symptoms you describe: it can connect to the router, but nothing more.

See this Google bug report

I recently ran into this, and updating to the most recent release of firmware resolved the problem (Note: do not, under any circumstance, use Safari to apply firmware updates to Linksys routers - if you have a Mac, download and use Firefox for this, or read up on how to use "TFTP" on a Mac to do the same job.)

It is possible that this doesn't apply to you - you didn't supply any specific details of the setup which is giving you problems.

eu1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones