• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No froyo till Dec (rumor)

If it Sprint and HTC are smart, they will release it prior to the iPhone 4. This could help keep custmors and Evo plus 2.2 is a smack down to the iPhone.
While I'm sure they'll have one or two people who have the cash to blow and don't care...I'm doubtful you'll find very many people dumping the EVO which will only be 3 weeks old at the time just to get the new iPhone.

Upvote 0
Just remember we are talking about sprint here. They skipped two full android updates on the hero before finally giving users 2.1

I'm pretty sure it's going to be different this time... The Evo is Sprint's highest selling phone ever, and even Engadget reported that Evos are out of stock in many many places. What I heard is that the Evo is getting priority with Sprint for updates so it shouldn't be too long until we get Froyo... which is going to be amazing... I heard it'll be as if your phone is operating 5 times faster... everything will be vastly quicker.

Upvote 0
I suffered with the Hero for almost EIGHT months without an upgrade. There were several important issues that needed to be addressed and simply were ignored until the update was available. Hero owners were screaming for the update from January until the end of May. Many of us were told that the 2.0 update would be available soon after the Moto Droid was available in November. It wasn't. Remember: The Hero was the flagship phone when it was released. That didn't light a fire with HTC or Sprint.

Unless issues come up with the Evo, I will believe that 2.2 is available when I see it on my 4.3 inch screen. And most importantly, I will not, I WILL NOT, believe anyone who says they know when it will be released. In fact, this is the LAST thread I will look at regarding the 2.2 release.

I learned my lesson, and hopefully, everyone on this forum can learn from what happened to the Hero: It will happen when it happens and not one second sooner. Don't believe any rumors and it will serve you well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones