• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No SU binary installed

Colinpilot

Lurker
Apr 18, 2012
Hi,

I have attempted to root my ACE GT-S5830 (Three branded) using the universal_gb_root_v23 method, it seemed to have worked however when I start the SuperSU application I receive error "There is no SU binary installed, and the SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem".

I then tried using the upd_1 option which also appeared sucessfull apart from the above error (RootValidator fails with the SU binary error)

On suggestion was to update the SuperUser application which I did but this has not solved the issue.

About Phone:
GT-S5830 (Three branded)
Android Version 2.3.6
Baseband version S5830NEKT2
Build Number GINGERBREAD.XWKTR

Any help would be greatfully received.

Hi!

Have you resolved your problem? I have the same problem and I can't find a solution. I tried to root/unroot many times but nothing works (I tried universal_gb_root_v25.zip, universal_gb_root_v23.zip, root.zip, upd_1.zip, RootGalaxyAce.zip).

I installed Super User and Super SU application from Google play. Following is the result from Root Checker application:

Root User ID and Group ID Status:
SU binary not found or not operating properly.

About Phone:
GT-S5830
Android Version 2.3.6
Baseband version S5830XWKT8
Build Number GINGERBREAD.XWKTQ

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones