• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not registered on network!

thefletch

Aug 30, 2010
Hi I have just got two sgs2 (gti9100) the problem is whenever I try to make a call I get the message "NOT REGISTERED ON NETWORK" I thought (wrongly) that if I unlock the phone to any network and then rooted the device and flashed a new ROM I would get a new radio and that would solve it but no chance! the thing that really gets me is the signal is at full strength the data works it states that the sim is orange but still wont let me make calls. The sim is a contract sim that I took out of my gnex so that does work! I dont know what else I can try as I cant see how flashing a new radio or kernel could possibly make any difference, I have also tried manually selecting a network operator (well I have tried em all) and they all say unable to connect try later I have been trying for 4 hours
ps I have even just tried fixing the permissions still no go :thinking:

You do not mention where, or how, you acquired the 2 SGSII's. Since the sim card is not at fault, the problem lies with the handsets.

If you purchased them from a carrier or cell phone shop, I would recommend contacting them regarding your problem.

If, on the other hand, they were a private sale, it is possible that they may have had their IMEI no's blocked by the original owners if they were lost or stolen or by a carrier if it is a case of an unpaid contract.

You can run a check on-line to see if there is a block on these handsets, here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones