• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Note 3 Connection to WiFi Problem

I have 2 Samsung phones - Verizon Note 3 and Verizon Galaxy Nexus. I cannot get on to wifi through Verizon Fios with either. I know that the router isn't the problem since I can get on with my old Droid, my laptop, and my wife can get on with a Galaxy Tab 10.1. When I try to connect I get a message that says the signal is unstable. My notification shows the wifi symbol with two arrows (one going into the symbol and another leaving the symbol). The notification area also shows my 4 G strength. When I try to open up the internet the browser just sits there and nothing opens. I have to shut off wifi to get on the internet. Restarted both phones and router. Shut off call ID with no results. Has anyone got any other solutions?

This appears to be a systemic Samsung phone issue. I've heard of others with the same problem even with other phones. Any way to know if Samsung knows about this issue and is working on a fix?

It's not a systemic Samsung issue. Most of the time it's a router issue. Just because your other devices connect doesn't mean that it's not. Your phone is likely not getting an IP address, where your other devices already have.

Do a search in this forum for wifi and you'll see the other threads addressing the matter.

I'm not saying hardware failure is not possible, but there are millions of Note 3's in the world, and if even 1% of them had wifi issues, you wouldn't have to come here for an answer.

The next thing you can do is change the channel your router/access point uses. If it's using 6, try 1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones