• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nougat made my phone swell!

Money_Mark

Oct 23, 2011
Nor. Cal
So after installing Nougat, my wife started noticing that her phone had been getting warm lately. Than she noticed that her battery starting losing it's charge rapidly. Over the course of a week she noticed her phone started turning off suddenly. Then today I looked at her phone and asked her, did you relaize your phoen is coming apart? Thats when she relized it. How is the hell did that happen? I'm stopping by AT&T in the morning. Short of it being possessed, I'm sure their going to blame it on me. I always charge it on the Samsung charger it came with, so not sure what could have caused this. Prior to update, this was never a issue. WTF?

Attachments

• 20170313_003656.jpg
    20170313_003656.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 20170313_003634.jpg
    20170313_003634.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 94
Do not charge that phone in the meanwhile. It's a fire hazard. What you are seeing there is a build up of pressure in the battery. It's a known failure mode of Li Ion batteries, though unusual to encounter in a battery that young unless it's been abused.

I think it's likely that the problem was already building before the update (whether the update could have scrambled the charging control enough to bring this on quickly I can't say). But the S7 is less than a year old, so this should be a warranty replacement.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones