• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[OFFICIAL] Are you getting The One? (price/carrier/color discussion)

Will you be getting this phone

• Yes!

Votes: 45 70.3%
  • No!

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • I don't know yet!

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • I prefer the Samsung Galaxy s4

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't read the manual when I got my phone and couldn't figure out how to add randoms to the blocked list. Surprisingly didn't find anything on the webz saying how to natively do it and I didn't want to install an app so I downloaded the manual and read it. Turns out it's pretty simple.

To add random unknown phone numbers to the block list, go to your call history screen. From here long press the phone number and a menu pops up. Choose block contact. That's it.

If you want to see who all is being blocked, click the menu hamburger on the top right of the screen to get to your blocked list and it's screens.

Hope this helps someone else out as well.

Nice tip, bcrider.

I've been thinking about getting an HTC One, but now I've got my mind made up knowing there are hamburgers on the One menu.

:D

Reactions: kct1975
Upvote 0
That's those 3 horizontal lines in a stack. I read that term is popular in the iOS community and shows up on a lot of their blogs. :eek:

Most places it shows up as 3 dots, in our parlance, that's the overflow button now, was the old menu.

Agree on the tip, that was excellent. Been using Sense 3 years and didn't know that.

I just blocked my wife! :D

(and then unblocked her lol)

Reactions: Frisco
Upvote 0
Can't..... Wait...... Much......longer....... On Verizon. Im giving them until June 30 to divulge info or I'm going with the s4....and I'm sure they won't... I freakin hate Verizon, what is the big f'ing deal, this crap is ridiculous. It's like they are intentionally trying to hurt htc's sales.

I've tried to switch carriers but there are no contenders where I live...

Upvote 0
Nice tip, bcrider.

I've been thinking about getting an HTC One, but now I've got my mind made up knowing there are hamburgers on the One menu.

:D

That's those 3 horizontal lines in a stack. I read that term is popular in the iOS community and shows up on a lot of their blogs. :eek:

Most places it shows up as 3 dots, in our parlance, that's the overflow button now, was the old menu.

Agree on the tip, that was excellent. Been using Sense 3 years and didn't know that.

I just blocked my wife! :D

(and then unblocked her lol)

Ya...the number block tip is a great tip. I never knew that option was there!

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Verizon says they will be releasing their HTC One late summer. Some speculation says next month. Only 3 months behind!

Can't..... Wait...... Much......longer....... On Verizon. Im giving them until June 30 to divulge info or I'm going with the s4....and I'm sure they won't... I freakin hate Verizon, what is the big f'ing deal, this crap is ridiculous. It's like they are intentionally trying to hurt htc's sales.

I've tried to switch carriers but there are no contenders where I live...

Only reason I'm still with VZW is they have great coverage. But hopefully this will be my next phone.

Edit: rumor mill has it dated for July 18, but STILL nothing official.

Upvote 0
I was just browsing teh interwebz and stumbled across this, a red HTC One Legit, or not? If ti's legit, this could mean that if/when Verizon finally get's it's butt in gear, it could end up with a red option for sure.

Well, I still don't know if the One in that link was legit, but HTC just announced they ARE releasing a red version of the One. Unfortunately for US customers, it's currently only available in the UK. Will Verizon get a red variant? Only time will tell, but I suspect the answer is yes.

http://phandroid.com/2013/06/27/htc-one-glamour-red-uk/

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
i went to the local Rat Shack again today just to touch it...and dream that maybe one day it will be available on Verizon.:eek:

But i was wondering on the way home...if they release this in july then its still pretty fresh, but at some point toward the end of july and into august this phone becomes a bit stale, even to verizon users, who may decide to wait for the 5s to come out...or maybe there is talk of a new droid even.

i think the window is closing on HTC here....verizon could care less...but this is a big rollut for HTC.

i was also thinking that i have spent most of the past 3plus years wating on HTC phones:mad:

Upvote 0
i went to the local Rat Shack again today just to touch it...and dream that maybe one day it will be available on Verizon.:eek:

But i was wondering on the way home...if they release this in july then its still pretty fresh, but at some point toward the end of july and into august this phone becomes a bit stale, even to verizon users, who may decide to wait for the 5s to come out...or maybe there is talk of a new droid even.

i think the window is closing on HTC here....verizon could care less...but this is a big rollut for HTC.

i was also thinking that i have spent most of the past 3plus years wating on HTC phones:mad:

Exactly this.

Upvote 0
If you ordered/order and activate your HTC one between 6/14/13 and 7/15/13, you can recieve a $25 Google Play gift card by registering at:
HTC Google Play

HTC will then send you a confirmation code that you can redeem through the Play Store!

Some are reporting that if your One was activated earlier than 6/14/13, you will still receive a $25 credit!

Source: XDA

I tried it. We'll see if I get anything. (Bought a new One yesterday!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones