• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me explain my journey as I wait for the Nexus to be released on Verizon. I am a long time user of the iPhone and I made the switch to verizon once the iphone was released on verizon network. I got the Razr on the 16th to test the android waters to see if I would like the overside. I do, but I am waiting for the Nexus. With that said I had problems with my Razrs' hotspot. I could not connect to secure websites via the hotspot laptop and after a hour and half on the phone with verizon and motorola I returned the phone and moved back to the iphone. Now I am gun shy of the android platform. I will most likely check out the Nexus. This is my story and I have been lurking since the early 10,000 post. :) Have a great Thanksgiving!!!

This sounds like a device security issue. I've wifi tethered to my G2/Nexus One all the time and never had issues!

Reactions: jmar and donnyb
Upvote 0
47k YESSSSS! :D :D

images

images

images

Upvote 0
Just typed up a monster post and then accidentally hit the home button on my tbolt. I want my nexus!!!!! I hate my Thunderbolt. The battery life sucks, sense is always cropping and reloading my homscreen, and the 4g radio sucks. I don't get a data connection the majority of the time :(. I would rather have my old dX back than carry around this late release evo any longer

Until then, Boat Browser Mini, free in the Market.

I've actually been able to just forward-arrow or just last-app key open from home and find my waiting-post text intact.

I post lots to this forum from that browser, can't praise it enough (despite its limitations).

Reactions: Namrak and jbdan
Upvote 0
Just typed up a monster post and then accidentally hit the home button on my tbolt. I want my nexus!!!!! I hate my Thunderbolt. The battery life sucks, sense is always cropping and reloading my homscreen, and the 4g radio sucks. I don't get a data connection the majority of the time :(. I would rather have my old dX back than carry around this late release evo any longer

Done that on my Inc (though I don't fault it rather user error) and typed out super long business emails only to accidently hit the home button or even the back button! A major body roll (much larger than an eye roll) ensues and I'm at a loss. A nice "automatic save draft each 10 seconds kinda thingy" would be sweet! For forum posts and everything else.

Upvote 0
47k YESSSSS! :D :D

images

images

images

Damnit! i was gonna post that.

*Edit*
Atleast i'm first on page 941 after 47k!

In the spirit of the holiday, I think I'm just going to give a free, one-time pass to this sort of milestone posting.

It's late at night, it's Thanksgiving, and I'm in a good enough mood to trust that others won't abuse the privilege in future. :) ;)

Just this one time. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving, you crazy Nexaholics!

Upvote 0
In the spirit of the holiday, I think I'm just going to give a free, one-time pass to this sort of milestone posting.

It's late at night, it's Thanksgiving, and I'm in a good enough mood to trust that others won't abuse the privilege in future. :) ;)

Just this one time. ;)

Why thank you. :D :D

Sorry i didnt notice the milestone post earlier.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Until then, Boat Browser Mini, free in the Market.

I've actually been able to just forward-arrow or just last-app key open from home and find my waiting-post text intact.

I post lots to this forum from that browser, can't praise it enough (despite its limitations).

Thanks. Downloaded and in testing

Besides a possible cleaner interface, is it any better than stock? I tried google chrome but it just didn't do it for me

Edit: time to hit the sack. See you crazies on the flip side.

Upvote 0

Just this one time. ;)

Wasn't trying to delve too far away from the original topic on purpose. its a big milestone nonetheless. mah bad! lol

back OT: did anyone else buy that 11,000 mAh external usb battery pack from Amazon, specifically as a backup for their (sometime in the near future/time/millenia) Nexus? I was going to order spares but i didnt want to keep popping the back plate off if i burn through the batteries...

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Thanks. Downloaded and in testing

Besides a possible cleaner interface, is it any better than stock? I tried google chrome but it just didn't do it for me

Edit: time to hit the sack. See you crazies on the flip side.

It's not like a full browser with tabbing - it's super-fast and compact. I personally recommend the green theme - and make sure you tap on Advanced under settings so you get the options you want.

But overall - it's my favorite Android browser (and I keep several at bay, but that's my fave).

Reactions: Namrak and jbdan
Upvote 0

Yeah that's the one I linked I've never used anything like this as I'm always close to power whether a car or 120 outlet. Curious about your uses with this can you elaborate?

Upvote 0
Yeah that's the one I linked I've never used anything like this as I'm always close to power whether a car or 120 outlet. Curious about your uses with this can you elaborate?

Well i also never really go far from a power source (car, work pc, home, etc).
I do alot of adventure riding (offroad, away from civilization!) on my motorcycle, away from power days/weeks at a time, and i dont want to tie my only 12v outlet to charge my phone. I have a solar panel but it doesn't work well. Hopefully once i get this in, and the GN is launched, I'll write up a short review and see how many days i can go without charging from a power source.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Well i also never really go far from a power source (car, work pc, home, etc).
I do alot of adventure riding (offroad, away from civilization!) on my motorcycle, away from power days/weeks at a time, and i dont want to tie my only 12v outlet to charge my phone. I have a solar panel but it doesn't work well. Hopefully once i get this in, and the GN is launched, I'll write up a short review and see how many days i can go without charging from a power source.

Ahh nice sounds super fun. Was just wondering. Seems like it would come in handy especially for the price tag thanks for elaborating and the link ;)

Reactions: Puchkey and iiXioM
Upvote 0
Reactions: steevo1
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones