• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting theory... do you really think Verizon is capable of such self-sabotage? Are they that in love with stuff like V-cast??

They wouldn't be pushing these crappy v-cast commercials if they didn't think it would make them money.

Verizon is not capable of marketing a phone to consumers. I cringe watching the Droid commercials compared to the iPhone ones. The only thing Verizon has going for itself is the network.

Samsung has good reason to insist on being the one to control the marketing.

Upvote 0
Don't mean to derail the current direction of your conversation.

I did search on the first page and didn't notice anything mentioned about HDMI.

Do we know if this will have or is rumored to have/not have an HDMI out?

Everything I'm reading is damn near perfect in what I'm looking for in a phone but as an oldshchool gamer I'd love to be able to get some gaming going on the big screen.

Now only if Samsung will get their act together with allowing bluetooth controllers to play nice....

If I had to guess, I'd expect an MHL (mobile high-def link) port - it looks and acts like a microUSB port for charging and data, but add an MDL adapter (requires USB power) and you'll get full HDMI out.

This is now found on the top end HTC and Samsung phones.

There are some new controllers coming for gaming, here's one -

http://androidforums.com/android-ac...luetooth-controller-ingenu-75-units-left.html

Put that together with HDMI - or with a *good* high bandwidth connection and something OnLive - and you've got a comprehensive platform on the big screen, with a decent controller, courtesy of your *phone*.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0
FWIW (unsolicited)...Thought I'd give you my thoughts on the Bionic because I used one for several days...I went from the OG (Long Live Project Elite) to a T-bolt to a Bionic for 4 days and then back to the T-bolt.

My impressions of the Bionic were very good. I only came back to the T-bolt because of Prime. It was faster than any phone on Verizon, so web surfing was silky smooth compared to my T-bolt (overclocked to 1.4). The phone was very zippy opening apps, playing Stupid Zombies and other normal tasks for me. Battery life doing normal things was VERY good. All in all I thought it was a very, very good experience with really speedy LTE connections. For those that are so worried about the performance of a 1.5 OMAP 4460, imo there's nothing to be concerned about.

Anyway, just wanted to offer perspective from someone who rooted the Bionic the day I had it and played with it very extensively over the course of a long weekend. Newsflash guys, it's no dog. Getting a debloated Prime running at that clock speed on ICS with its hardware acceleration will be an incredible experience. We're all lucky it's coming our way. No amount of tweets from BMX (whom I do follow) will scare me away because of a Galaxy S III around the corner...Hope that helps!

Upvote 0
**ck is rigging up a rope around the rafters. He slips the rope over his head and pauses.......**

Can you move a little farther back there CK? No, no, step off the chair, that’s it. Yeah - yeah, that’s it. A little farther. There you go.

peter.jpg

Upvote 0
Can you move a little farther back there CK? No, no, step off the chair, that’s it. Yeah - yeah, that’s it. A little farther. There you go.

peter.jpg

Woah woah woah woah woah.....woah woah. Lois this is not my Bat-Man glass.

To stay on topic. ... I hope we hear what we need on the 19th

Upvote 0
Has this been posted? Exclusive: Details Of The Verizon Galaxy Nexus Ice Cream Sandwich Phone (Sorry, "Prime" Is Not Likely)

• OMAP 4460 processor, Update: underclocked to 1.2GHz probably for stability (leaving quite a bit of room for overclocking) which is rated at 1.5GHz (it's unclear if Google will underclock it or not - BGR seemed to think it'll be clocked at 1.2GHz, but our source thinks otherwise). Therefore, we're going to say the processor model is confirmed, pending exact clock speed clarification
  • 32GB internal storage
  • no SD card slot (like the Nexus S, argh)
  • LED notification (unlike the Nexus S)
  • 1GB RAM
  • LTE
  • NFC
  • 1080p HD recording @30fps
  • 5MP rear camera
  • possibly some sort of a time lapse feature
  • Ice Cream Sandwich confirmed as Android 4.0
  • Internally, the Verizon Nexus is known as Tuna/Tuna 4G (board/model) as well as Toro (product/device)
  • Galaxy Nexus name
  • large screen - we all take 4.65 or so for granted, but I wasn't able to confirm the exact size, so I am only including things we know

Upvote 0

**** GAPI LAUGHS & SCOFFS ****

I have a question about how Verizon upgrades work. I called and they say I have an early upgrade available. 2 year price + $20. Then in march i'm eligible for the full discount. Are those 2 separate upgrades or am I just taking the march one when I get the prime and paying an extra $20?
Has this been posted? Exclusive: Details Of The Verizon Galaxy Nexus Ice Cream Sandwich Phone (Sorry, "Prime" Is Not Likely)

• OMAP 4460 processor, Update: underclocked to 1.2GHz probably for stability (leaving quite a bit of room for overclocking) which is rated at 1.5GHz (it's unclear if Google will underclock it or not - BGR seemed to think it'll be clocked at 1.2GHz, but our source thinks otherwise). Therefore, we're going to say the processor model is confirmed, pending exact clock speed clarification
  • 32GB internal storage
  • no SD card slot (like the Nexus S, argh)
  • LED notification (unlike the Nexus S)
  • 1GB RAM
  • LTE
  • NFC
  • 1080p HD recording @30fps
  • 5MP rear camera
  • possibly some sort of a time lapse feature
  • Ice Cream Sandwich confirmed as Android 4.0
  • Internally, the Verizon Nexus is known as Tuna/Tuna 4G (board/model) as well as Toro (product/device)
  • Galaxy Nexus name
  • large screen - we all take 4.65 or so for granted, but I wasn't able to confirm the exact size, so I am only including things we know

user_online.gif

Upvote 0
Yeah I know but seems to come from some sort of reliable source now in their post with a processor update.

Just figured I saw their update pop up and would do the same.

You do realize that most of these "sources" are people reading this thread and regurgitating the info in thier own article.

Funny that article comes out right after Steven58's source confirmed the OMAP 4460. Everything that is in that article comes right from here. Hmmmmm.

Just saying.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Phew!....Ugh....Been away for a while and finally caught up...

So, I had this crazy dream last night. For some silly reason I dreamed that I got an exclusive invite to a Nexus Prime announcement party. And everybody at the announcement celebration was given a Nexus Prime way before the release date. Afterward I promptly went home and posted all the juicy Prime information here on AF. :p

Lets just say that I woke up in a good mood! :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones