• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an FYI for all you GSM people out there. Another member has informed me that he pre-ordered his Galaxy Nexus today. Paid $680 for it. He should be posting about it soon, if he hasn't already.

CDMA customers, you may now continue to be sad. No jumpers today please. We are all very tired from talking the last guy off the ledge.

EDIT: Here is the thread http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/438817-gsm-galaxy-nexus-pre-orders-only.html

Can we at least sit on the edge? Pretty please? :p

Reactions: vandyman
Upvote 0
Of course it does. Have you seen the Picasa shots that were posted up a while back? They were great.

If every pic was blurry, we'd have a huge outcry from everyone who's tested this thing or given preliminary reviews.

The camera will be fine.

Unless you want to wave it all over the place while jumping up and down, shooting off a picture per second.

Edit: I forgot to add this in: :rolleyes:

Edit 2: And this:
2008040915870_IMG_2192.JPG_w450.jpg

Yeah, I am not sure I have noticed out of focus pictures so much as motioned blurred ones. I will have to mess with the camera before I really call it way better than Moto though. Pretty sure the well done samples I have inspected seem to match iPhone 4s or better it though and the best RAZR pictures I have found look like 3mp compared to the 5mp Nexus even though it technically is shooting 8mp files. The GSII pics look better(less noisy/higher resolution for sure) than the RAZR also though at the same MP as I saw a direct comparison of it and the RAZR with the same sorta scenes.

Upvote 0
Looks like the topic this morning is Nexus camera. I'm pretty sure it's good phone camera.
There is no such camera as absolute blurry proof. Even digital cams do that if not used properly and I saw plenty of blurry pics from iPhone4 too.

I think zero shutter lag on Nexus is just marketing saying it's just as fast as normal digital cam in auto-focus, shutter lag. It doesn't mean it takes shots instantly with no auto-focus.

Upvote 0
Looks like the topic this morning is Nexus camera. I'm pretty sure it's good phone camera.
There is no such camera as absolute blurry proof. Even digital cams do that if not used properly and I saw plenty of blurry pics from iPhone4 too.

I think zero shutter lag on Nexus is just marketing saying it's just as fast as normal digital cam in auto-focus, shutter lag. It doesn't mean it takes shots instantly with no auto-focus.

Looks pretty instant to me.

iPhone 4S vs Galaxy Nexus Camera speed test - YouTube

Reactions: MMcCraryNJ
Upvote 0
Oh hi everyone. Former lurker turned into new user here.

I just want to say...I really want this device! But you already knew that. :D As soon as it goes up for order or preorder, I am completely ditching T-Mobile and paying them the 200 dollar ETF. Can't wait to join you guys when we all own our shiny new toy.

BTW, you people that live in NJ...I am envious because I moved down to the Atlanta GA area back in June, and I really miss the northeast!

Upvote 0
But you will wait?
I am so disillusioned that I do not know which rumors are true, The GNex or the end of the world.;)
I think the end of the world rumors hold more value.:D

Perhaps instead of waiting for VZW to ANNOUNCE the release date, we can study some of those old Mayan scrolls and prophecies.... surely the Nexus release date is coded in there somewhere........ :p

Upvote 0
No way! Those get reported too. Then we have to get out the giant inflatable and the fire department.........it just gets crazy.

Oh alright. I'll just pull up a corner of the same room HanSolo was in last night.

I just want to say...I really want this device! But you already knew that. :D As soon as it goes up for order or preorder, I am completely ditching T-Mobile and paying them the 200 dollar ETF. Can't wait to join you guys when we all own our shiny new toy.

BTW, you people that live in NJ...I am envious because I moved down to the Atlanta GA area back in June, and I really miss the northeast!

Welcome to the insanity! Enjoy the ride.

Upvote 0
Can we at least sit on the edge? Pretty please? :p
That sounds good;
Sitting on the edge watching the sun set with a case of Corona to take your mind off of things.

But, with my luck it would be like a remake of the Lost Boys, instead it would be called the Lost Girls and Vandy would be running for his life, Help me Mommy,Help...:D:D

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0

Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join.

T-Mobile will more than likely get a version of the Galaxy Nexus so leaving wouldn't be a necessity, unless you just want to be on Verizon of course.

What part of Atlanta? I moved from Atlanta to Colorado about 10 months ago.

Upvote 0
That sounds good;
Sitting on the edge watching the sun set with a case of Corona to take your mind off of things.

But, with my luck it would be like a remake of the Lost Boys, instead it would be called the Lost Girls and Vandy would be running for his life, Help me Mommy,Help...:D:D

I'll bring the lime - but apparently OTD wants us behind a fence or something so that the firemen and their toys don't have to come out again.

Upvote 0

You shouldn't miss it now due to those freak storms. I still have some snow on the ground.

Welcome to our little corner of madness.

Upvote 0
New rumor;
The CDMA version will be delayed until 12/22 because of major upgrades.
Exynos 1.5GHZ, 8mp camera and 16GB memory with SD slot.:p;)

Exynos is no way as GSM version has OMAP 4460 and Google won't have two differently optimized ICSs for two Nexus versions. They never did that before. But I can see them doing clock speed bump to 1.5Ghz along with bigger battery in CDMA/LTE one though not holding breath on it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones