• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nexus camera has touch to focus. Arguing if the pics are good or not is an subjective opinion.

I'm fine with anything thats focused and don't expect perfection from a cell phone. So anything these current crop of phones take is a o k with me :)

I use my phone for business and my business is not photography. So no complaints here about the cam/pics from the Nexus

I actually hope cameras in phones continue to become a more significant aspect of the design as I tend to feel they should replace point and shoot cameras all together and people should start buying digital SLR's or the more compact large sensor mirrorless cams rather than point and shoots in most cases. So far though the smartphone manufacturers have put too much emphasis on megapixel claim for the camera and not enough on actual quality of the resulting image. I think a 5-8mp cell phone camera with high grade sensor and fixed focal length lens could make a respectable replacement for most point and shoots in the 10-16mp range other than maybe long zoom ones. Only real issue is that phone thickness would need to become a slightly less extreme priority, but the phone could probably still be plenty thin and light.

Upvote 0
Exynos is no way as GSM version has OMAP 4460 and Google won't have two differently optimized ICSs for two Nexus versions. They never did that before. But I can see them doing clock speed bump to 1.5Ghz along with bigger battery in CDMA/LTE one though not holding breath on it.

I wouldn't worry about it. I think Vandyman was doing a bit of good humored trolling.

5438766164_9c9ffbdc6d.jpg

Reactions: vandyman
Upvote 0
Exynos is no way as GSM version has OMAP 4460 and Google won't have two differently optimized ICSs for two Nexus versions. They never did that before. But I can see them doing clock speed bump to 1.5Ghz along with bigger battery in CDMA/LTE one though not holding breath on it.

Mostly agree with you. As you said, OMAP 4460 is locked in. That will not change. This is it folks.

However, the official Verizon press release gave specs as 1.2GHz, so that is locked in as well. Everyone needs to forget any increase in core clock, it's not going to happen.

However, battery size was never mentioned in the official Verizon announcement, so I hold hope that is going to get bigger.

Upvote 0

Was I wrong to think he was kidding with that "New Rumor" post?

Upvote 0

Watch it fly across the web, now that would be funny.:D:D

That would be funny. I am glad to know I wasn't off base. I thought you were either making a joke, or had fallen off the deep end. :eek: :D

Upvote 0
I am happier for me though when I envision their battery dying 8 months from now, and they have to send it back to VZW for a replacement. I may have to pay retail price for a new battery if that happens to me, but at least I will be up and running, with my phone, as quickly as possible.
Repeating a false statement doesn't make it true, no matter how many times you do it. There is absolutely no data supporting the current generation of Li Po batteries will die in 8 months. Look at Apples return rates, which are around 5%, usually for defective batteries, not because the entire production lot dies on day 1 of the 8th month.

Also look at the number of people who hang onto a phone for the 2 year period and never even get a new battery. My DX battery is going on strong after 15 plus months. Golly, I must have gotten lucky.

Point is to imply the Razr battery is intrinsically worse than every other LiPo is just silly. Debate the phones based on their merits, there are enough merits on both sides to not have to make up silly, irresponsible statements.

Verizon rakes in MILLIONS of dollars a year installing bloat on phones. Your offer to pay a little more to not have it is an amount that they would likely scoff at. And they contract to install that crapware on an entire line of phones... not per phone. Were it a per-phone agreement, then yeah: just offer more to remove it than they were paid to install it. Sadly, it's not going to work that way. I wish it did!

Again, is there ANY data to support this? The bulk of the bloat are Verizon products!

...and we're back to "the more you wonder, the less you know" (alternative title for this thread).

Upvote 0
Does it bother anyone else that the all the SGN ads are marketing the product with such a horrid wallpaper as the phone background? That rainbow/color spectrum backround is just pure ugly IMO. Maybe if they were to change that one little aspect the uninformed public would be more inclined to actually click on the ads and learn more about the phone=more sales.

Upvote 0
I don't think today's Li-Po battery would die in 8 months. It should last at least 20 months if not faulty one. Apple doesn't seem to have much problem with it. But in Razr there is no option of popping in extended battery or swapping with spare ones.

I just hope battery in LTE Nexus is bigger than GSM one like 1850mAh or more and extended battery too.

Upvote 0
I don't think today's Li-Po battery would die in 8 months. It should last at least 20 months if not faulty one. Apple doesn't seem to have much problem with it. But in Razr there is no option of popping in extended battery or swapping with spare ones.

I just hope battery in LTE Nexus is bigger than GSM one like 1850mAh or more and extended battery too.

I think that was the main point they were getting at, IF the battery died after 8 months, you would have to send it in. Even better, if it died at 14 months, and you didn't have asurion, your costs to get a new battery are like 3X-4X, AND you are out a phone while it is off being repaired.

Reactions: nexusprimepls
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones