• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Repeating a false statement doesn't make it true, no matter how many times you do it. There is absolutely no data supporting the current generation of Li Po batteries will die in 8 months. Look at Apples return rates, which are around 5%, usually for defective batteries, not because the entire production lot dies on day 1 of the 8th month.

Also look at the number of people who hang onto a phone for the 2 year period and never even get a new battery. My DX battery is going on strong after 15 plus months. Golly, I must have gotten lucky.

Point is to imply the Razr battery is intrinsically worse than every other LiPo is just silly. Debate the phones based on their merits, there are enough merits on both sides to not have to make up silly, irresponsible statements.

Again, is there ANY data to support this? The bulk of the bloat are Verizon products!

...and we're back to "the more you wonder, the less you know" (alternative title for this thread).

My point is that with any hardware, there are a certain number of failures. When those failures are within an acceptable "tolerance", they are considered ready for mass production and installed in whatever they are intended for. That goes for all different types of hardware, from batteries, to LCD screens, to anything you can think of. That's what my post was in reference to. There will be several that have battery failure and Motorola is aware of that, as is VZW. The price to replace those is already built into the sales price of every phone they sell. They already know approximately how many of them will, as well as how many will have warranty replacement for the digitizer, the radio, the camera, etc. FYI, I build and fix PCs for a living, including laptops, so I see this a lot more than some people.

Upvote 0
Well, I'm socked in with about 8" of snow on the ground the wet stuff I am NOT looking forward to shoveling. I am off today and between commercials while watching Meteorite Men I keep hitting up this thread, twitter and engadget too see if any news has dropped. Even a little crumb of new info would keep my interest up.

Sadly my interest is waning in this phone. If the wait is too much longer, well then it may be worth waiting yet a bit longer for the next phones to come out.

First my OG Droid bit the dust but the thunderbolt was supposed to drop so I went to get it. Delayed with no indication when it would be released. Then reports of the bionic. Also reports of the DX2. I ended up getting the Droid X as I was phoneless.

So shortly after I got my DX the DX2 came out. Bummer. But I did not see it as a huge update but still. The bionic is out now, talked my self out of that for the gnex but the razr is still on my mind. Now I am nervous that the nexus may come out only to be replaced soon or "bioniced"

Guess I am rambling right now since I am just relaxing. With Christmas around the corner I may just wait until after the first of the year and get my self a phone for my birthday. In January who knows what new phones with impressive specs will be lurking.

I have also have had the thought of activating my sisters new iPhone 4 on my account and retire the DX but that small screen...

Upvote 0
First of all, don't get your hopes up for information here, but one of my Geometry students from last year just brought me some google gear. He brings me pens, cups, hats, etc, things like that. His dad works for a google location here in Oklahoma. I asked him if he had heard of the Galaxy Nexus, and he said, yeah, my dad has had one for about a month now, it's his world phone. My eyes got big and I started asking questions.... I told him about this forum and how there are some people that are crazy interested in this phone, told him how the thread has almost 20k posts. I told him to go home and ask his dad if he knows when it is coming to the US and what carriers...he said ok. Not crossing my fingers here, but maybe he'll have some good news for me tomorrow. I also ask him if the screen was cool, and he said it was awesome!!!! I then proceeded to write him a note for being late to his next class....hehe.....and sent him on his way. I'll let you know if I get any info.

Upvote 0
First of all, don't get your hopes up for information here, but one of my Geometry students from last year just brought me some google gear. He brings me pens, cups, hats, etc, things like that. His dad works for a google location here in Oklahoma. I asked him if he had heard of the Galaxy Nexus, and he said, yeah, my dad has had one for about a month now, it's his world phone. My eyes got big and I started asking questions.... I told him about this forum and how there are some people that are crazy interested in this phone, told him how the thread has almost 20k posts. I told him to go home and ask his dad if he knows when it is coming to the US and what carriers...he said ok. Not crossing my fingers here, but maybe he'll have some good news for me tomorrow. I also ask him if the screen was cool, and he said it was awesome!!!! I then proceeded to write him a note for being late to his next class....hehe.....and sent him on his way. I'll let you know if I get any info.

Educator after my own heart.

Reactions: coach26
Upvote 0

Hey! Another Okie. Perhaps we can team up and outnumber the NJ posters. We could make fun of Jersey Shore, and make Snooki comments for the rest of this thread. Sound fun?

Where do you teach/coach, if you don't mind me asking? I graduated from Harrah in 1998

Upvote 0
Just a reminder for those that are upset about waiting. In reality the phone was only announced about 2 weeks ago. I know it feels like 8 or 9 months, but it was really only 2 weeks. Verizon has acknowledged that the phone is coming and we are now simply awaiting a solid release date. All in all it will probably be available 4 to 5 weeks after the announcement which would be 2 to 3 weeks from now. While everyone has been looking at the phone for months, we haven't actually been waiting on the final phone all that long.

Just trying to throw in some perspective.

Upvote 0
Does it bother anyone else that the all the SGN ads are marketing the product with such a horrid wallpaper as the phone background? That rainbow/color spectrum backround is just pure ugly IMO. Maybe if they were to change that one little aspect the uninformed public would be more inclined to actually click on the ads and learn more about the phone=more sales.

actually, I think its a beautiful way to promote the phone. I won't be using that wallpaper on my own phone, but there is something very....yummy (for a lack of a better word) about it. I'm sure they did enough market research polls to justify it. (and on that note, did anyone do ANY market research on that stupidly named Rezound?)

Upvote 0
Just a reminder for those that are upset about waiting. In reality the phone was only announced about 2 weeks ago. I know it feels like 8 or 9 months, but it was really only 2 weeks. Verizon has acknowledged that the phone is coming and we are now simply awaiting a solid release date. All in all it will probably be available 4 to 5 weeks after the announcement which would be 2 to 3 weeks from now. While everyone has been looking at the phone for months, we haven't actually been waiting on the final phone all that long.

*mutters to self about how much sense OTD usually makes* :D

Upvote 0
Good morning, everyone! Isn't it a glorious day??!!

I have a good feeling about today, yes I do! I think we're going to find out something definite today! Let's let some sunshine in, grumpy heads!

windows005.jpg
Looks shopped. haha

Give him a hall pass, extra credit and perfect scores! Heck put him on the deans list. Work this out with the other teachers and maybe he will let you play with the GNex

Upvote 0

Sense, logic and reason have no place here. Be gone, creature of the night!

:D:D:D

Reactions: OfTheDamned
Upvote 0
actually, I think its a beautiful way to promote the phone. I won't be using that wallpaper on my own phone, but there is something very....yummy (for a lack of a better word) about it. I'm sure they did enough market research polls to justify it. (and on that note, did anyone do ANY market research on that stupidly named Rezound?)

Yep. They used the same top-notch powerhouse firm that got the Sci-Fi Channel renamed to SyFy (pronounced siffee).

There are lots of ways to do viral marketing - too bad they're having none of it for the Gnex.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I dont understand the issue with the name of a phone. If I wanted the Rezound, or any other name they wanted to call it, I dont care what they call it I'm buying it. If the phone appeals to me the name is irrelavent.

Seems like a petty complaint. Maybe its just me?

I think I just became so used to the name Vigor when it was being talked about. Rezound just doesn't roll off the tongue the same way. Plus, it keeps setting off my spell check. lol

Upvote 0
I dont understand the issue with the name of a phone. If I wanted the Rezound, or any other name they wanted to call it, I dont care what they call it I'm buying it. If the phone appeals to me the name is irrelavent.

Seems like a petty complaint. Maybe its just me?

For me, it would suck when people ask which phone I have. If I had to say "Rezound", it would annoy me to no end. Just sounds silly, and I have a hard time taking it seriously.

Overall though, you're right. It's definitely petty. If I got it, I would just call it the Vigor ;)

Reactions: cereal killer
Upvote 0
For me, it would suck when people ask which phone I have. If I had to say "Rezound", it would annoy me to no end. Just sounds silly, and I have a hard time taking it seriously.

Overall though, you're right. It's definitely petty. If I got it, I would just call it the Vigor ;)

You could say... I have the phone formerly known as the Vigor... :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones