• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Official restore with dl mode?

Just for shits, I put in a repair request with LG. My question is, what exactly does this process do? Does it erase everything and restore stock software? Or does it just overwrite, and not remove anything that was already there?

On other words, if I send it in and they get it working without having to format it themselves, will the see SuperSU and such in the phone? IS there any way, at this point, that they would be able to tell it was tampered with?

Upvote 0
Been trying, in vain, to get a positive result here. I have gotten it to where it actually says that it's failing to set the mini os status to 3 by turning it off as soon as the status 2 error pops and rebooting into download mode. When it reboots, what exactly is supposed to happen? This seems to be where it is all falling apart...like it's not rebooting how it should be for the status to be switched. Pictures, and/or a video would be great.

Upvote 0
Item 1: The tot file!:1.17 gb! remember to backup efs parition and do a full nandroid asap! Note this is the boost file but it seems that simply activating the phone will download proper firmware to modify it to respective carriers.
https://mega.co.nz/#!lAImESRI!fzpKjwS5n0cV73BMkUQNLAUk73xE6lmcc4UmeaDdorE

Hmm....the file that downloads is 1.81 GB, not 1.17. Is it possible that there is something wrong with the file?

EDIT: Wait, that would be the extracted file size. God, this has me so frazzled, any indiscrepency has me jumping, lol.

Attachments

• size.jpg
    size.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 252
Upvote 0
Ok. Just to make sure i removed the hard drive in my laptop. Put in a new one and loaded a totally clean version of windows 7. The tot provided worked perfectly. So im going to run through this one more time.

If you can not follow directions that is not ny fault.

1. Install newest driver pack for lg ( I used the set listed for the new lg g3)

Install lg flash tool from above link.

3. Google megalock.dll lg flash tool 1.5 grab it and drop it in the flash tool directory overwriting the file inside. I woll not post warez so dont ask for the dll.

4. Launch the program and click manually select dll.

5. Select the dll included in the zip file labled as ls740

6. Select the .tot file.

7. Click ok tp go back to multi window main screen.

8. Turn phone all the way off. Plug usb cord into phone, then into computer.

9. Hold volume up and power till download mode appears.

10. Go to device manager and under com ports select the new lg device and double click.

11. Click the tabs untill you find advanced options. Click that and set port to 41. If already in use say ok anyway.

12. In lg flash tool click the arrow in the top left corner to run md5 check.

13. It will finish and say ready. Pull usb out of the computer for two seconds and plug it back in. I advise using a usb 2.0 port.

14, after a few seconds it will start flashing the device. All antivirus, firewalls, etc should be off. Nothing running but the lg flash tool!

After 15 minutes status 3 appears on screen press and hold volume up, volume down and power phone will reboot, wipe, and then load.

Test on three different lg volts from boost.

Do not use any other programs or files other than those provided and mentioned here.

You have been warned.

Upvote 0
If you can not follow directions that is not ny fault.

1. Install newest driver pack for lg ( I used the set listed for the new lg g3)

I, at least, am not blaming you. I don't think anyone else is either. We're all just frustrated.

Where did you download those drivers? I've been using the newest unified drivers (3.8.1). Is that what you are using?

Aside from that, I believe I followed the instructions to a T. I will try again when I get back in town.

Thank you for continuing to help us, and not just leave us hanging! :)

Upvote 0
I was able to replicate status 2 by purging the lg united drivers and using the ones mentioned in the prior post. I then ran a special tool which captures the packets at the i/o level as flash tool is running. Failure to use the newest drivers results in a failure code from the volt to be sent back to flash tool which then sends the *magic number* value which sets status 2. Status 2 seems to mean :I Flashed correctly but I failed my checksum so dont reboot hold me at this point due to possible defect: (In laymen terms)

Always use the newest drivers possible. I downloaded these drivers from the lg pc suite program which is used for wireless media syncing and seems to be replacing the older kdz tools.

Bear in mind that even with a tot file there are SOME files that are not fully restored. EFS files and values are not always reset! This is on purpose so if you are not a experienced developer DO NOT PLAY WITH THINGS YOU DO NOT FULLY UNDERSTAND!:egg:

(Note:) I was about to pull the firmware due to all the reported bricks occurring. My intention was to help not to hinder.....:smokingsomb:

Total donations from the community at this point: Zero!

Reactions: spocko and bg4m3r
Upvote 0
Little confused here...

You posted earlier:

"1. Install newest driver pack for Ig
(I used the set listed for the new Ig g3)"

and the latest drivers for the G3 that were released in June are what I posted:

LGUnitedMobileDriver_S50MAN311AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.11.3.exe

Then you posted:

I was able to replicate status 2 by purging the lg united drivers and using the ones mentioned in the prior post. I then ran a special tool which captures the packets at the i/o level as flash tool is running. Failure to use the newest drivers results in a failure code from the volt to be sent back to flash tool which then sends the *magic number* value which sets status 2. Status 2 seems to mean :I Flashed correctly but I failed my checksum so dont reboot hold me at this point due to possible defect: (In laymen terms)

Always use the newest drivers possible. I downloaded these drivers from the lg pc suite program which is used for wireless media syncing and seems to be replacing the older kdz tools.

Stating that:

LGUnitedMobileDriver_S50MAN311AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.11.3.exe

Drivers didn't work correctly?

So I my questions are:

1) What was the version of the drivers pack you purged that worked from the G3?

2) What is the version of the LG Suite Program that you used?

Thanks

Upvote 0
I created a zip file which contains the full directories from /program files/ I used to successfully flash my volt and the lg pc suite version used to download the drivers.

inside is the lg drivers united files and the lg pc suite files. Only remaining thing I can think of is besides the driver files you would need to install the lg pc suite program.

link will post upon finished upload.

https://mega.co.nz/#!ZIgjQbJK!MTZzpnNzEmjLPaG2dz5F5iy6ELliJonABs3vHEq7Wj8

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones